Seat mounting

Pavehawk

I have a 2010 badmax that my son races. He is moving to JR2 this year and I have to add 60 more pounds of lead which now means I will have more lead weight than driver weight. While installing his motor I noticed he could get his elbow right between the seat and guard/shield with ease. Its a pretty large gap. The question is not should I fill the gap but how. Extend the shield and just add the weight and rescale or move the seat over and foward closer to steering support and engine. The gap between steering support is rather large also, about 4 inches. Nose is 47%, Left is 54%, and Cross is 56.3% at a weight of 263.

if hes handling good as is i would make a sheet of lead 50lbs and put in the seat or under the seat then put 2 5lb pucks wherever else you can. Extend the heat shield to fill the gap rather than moving the seat, seat placement plays a big role in how the chassis handles and transfers weight. Im on an 09 badmax myself

I usually take a number plate and heat it up and make a slight bend in it to sit between the seat and chain gaurd, drill two holes and put two zip ties thru the chain gaurd on the younger racers. This will keep there arm outta the clutch and has a little give so it don't beat up there elbow.

we also use old number plate.. bolt to seat and bend over to rest on chain guard to rest his arm on and keep it from going down in hole..

All great ideas. I didnt really want to move the seat as he is running good and I installed with the correct hight off the axel like umax says thats why its so far back off steering mount. I will bend up some number plates and start going to the gym to pick this thing up...lol thanks guys

Back