Sense of humor? or just detached sense of reality?

I just got via, USPS a package of paper things that someone from, "www.greetingscollection.com", thinks I want to buy a America Collection of 50 pure silver stamp ingots representing every state for ONLY, for $99.50 ea, but 2 at a time for ONLY, $199.00. WHAT? I have no idea where someone gets the silly idea that we have gotten our selves into a recovery from their financial disaster, WHEN, my news paper from Daytona Beach, Fl. has 36 full pages of Real Estate tax delinquents, for Flagler county , where I live? HELLO?

My vote is a combination of detached sense of reality and a bit of PT Barnum's philosophy with regard to a sucker being born every minute. If I wanted to buy silver ingots, I'd be interested in the assay report and have no need to have the names of states stamped on each one. Once a month or so our local paper has a whole classifieds section, 8-12 pages of nothing but Sherriff's sales of tax and unpaid mortgage real estate. Like you said, Jack, HELLO?

As I always used to tell telemarketers: "If I was interested in what you're selling, wouldn't I be the one calling you??". They usually hang up on me after that one.

As I always used to tell telemarketers: "If I was interested in what you're selling, wouldn't I be the one calling you??". They usually hang up on me after that one.

I'm going to use that on telemarketers. That is also a great comment for the unending political fund soliciters to hear.

Yeah....I used too 'ask them' if they were interested in sponsoring my Race Car! "Click"...# deleted! :)

I might add....I'm not as polite when it comes too Political Fund raisers.

How about one of these call blockers, anyone tried one? My cable phone only lets me put 30 numbers in and that is not enough.

I'm thinking of buying a call blocking unit, who has one they like and how many numbers can it block. seems like ya need to block thousands and thousands. ... :)

http://www.cprcallblocker.com/

I don't know if what I posted is a good one or not, I did a quick Duck on it and that's what I found first that seemed cheap and seemed ok.

devils advocate here, but the people you are talking to/hanging up on are just employees of a telemarketing firm, who in turn contracts their services to the various fundraiser orgs and charities, they are not getting your contributions/donations. 99% of the callers (here is US anyhow) are just average folk making $8/$9 - hr trying to earn a living to help support their families, the mom with 3 kids who needs to supplement the husbands income & needs a flexible schedule so she can be home when the kids get out of school. Think of it this way, at least they are trying and have a job, not sitting at home watching soaps collecting a welfare check that you are I help fund.

devils advocate here, but the people you are talking to/hanging up on are just employees of a telemarketing firm, who in turn contracts their services to the various fundraiser orgs and charities, they are not getting your contributions/donations. 99% of the callers (here is US anyhow) are just average folk making $8/$9 - hr trying to earn a living to help support their families, the mom with 3 kids who needs to supplement the husbands income & needs a flexible schedule so she can be home when the kids get out of school. Think of it this way, at least they are trying and have a job, not sitting at home watching soaps collecting a welfare check that you are I help fund.
Yeah....sori about that but my heart no longer bleeds for the 'liberal' way of life. I understand McDonalds is 'having too' pay $15/hr, so....there ya go!

How about one of these call blockers, anyone tried one? My cable phone only lets me put 30 numbers in and that is not enough.

I'm thinking of buying a call blocking unit, who has one they like and how many numbers can it block. seems like ya need to block thousands and thousands. ... :)

http://www.cprcallblocker.com/

I don't know if what I posted is a good one or not, I did a quick Duck on it and that's what I found first that seemed cheap and seemed ok.

"Do Not Call Registry"....1-888-382-1222 (it works)

Yeah....sori about that but my heart no longer bleeds for the 'liberal' way of life. I understand McDonalds is 'having too' pay $15/hr, so....there ya go!

so a telemarketer job is considered "the liberal way of life"? Is it not gainful employment, that reduces the dependancy of the welfare system, adds tax revenue, increases the local economy? Hmmm, interesting .....

so a telemarketer job is considered "the liberal way of life"? Is it not gainful employment, that reduces the dependancy of the welfare system, adds tax revenue, increases the local economy? Hmmm, interesting .....

This is supposed/intended 2b a 'humorous' tread (I think)....But, my $$$ say a 'good' share of telemarketers are 'also' collecting welfare checks...:( (end)

I saw on the news that some organizations were using the data in the "Do Not Call Registry" for more things, including some cases of identity theft. I don't really want my name on many lists of any kind. On a lighter note, Tom Mabe's antics are hilarious, and very creative. My wife gets irritated with my because I answer the phone for telemarketers and surveys. If I don't wish to speak with them, I simply thank them for their time and wish them a good day.

Telemarketers are parasites and a great deal of call centers don't even set up shop in America. I gave up having a home phone about 8 years ago because every time it rang it ended up being a cold-calling spammer. Don't ever knock on my door either, I get entirely offended and tell them immediately "bye" and not to ever knock on my door again, it should not even be legal to do in my opinion. Didn't your mother ever teach you not to talk to strangers?

Telemarketers are parasites and a great deal of call centers don't even set up shop in America. I gave up having a home phone about 8 years ago because every time it rang it ended up being a cold-calling spammer. Don't ever knock on my door either, I get entirely offended and tell them immediately "bye" and not to ever knock on my door again, it should not even be legal to do in my opinion. Didn't your mother ever teach you not to talk to strangers?

Thx 'wheelz'....I thought 'I' was the ONLY * that walked this earth! LOL

... ok so on the telemarketing stuff. Does anyone have a call blocker and does it work?

I understand about the telemarketing job Aardy. My daughter runs a call center which at peak time employs 150+ and she is the only full time person. If I read your post right, I understand where your coming from. And yes a lot of call center employees are on some government program, so what? I guess some would say to a lot of people who are only able to get part time work, so what? The so what of it is there are a lot of people who for what ever reason, actually do have a hard time making ends meet. The world even here in the good ole u s of a, ain't always a fun place.

... now who has a call blocker and do they work?

https://www.donotcall.gov/ Will stop almost all calls within 6 months. last forever no charge
http://www.directmail.com/directory/mail_preference/Default.aspx Will stop lots of junk mail
Also Write to all three credit unions and request to not receive credit card offers.
THE DO NOT CALL LIST W-O-R-K-S extremely well. Federal law backs it up. List landline and cell phone.

My home is a lot quieter now. Been using this for years.

Only problem is that, now I have to actually contact them if I want to buy something.

... ok so on the telemarketing stuff. Does anyone have a call blocker and does it work?

I understand about the telemarketing job Aardy. My daughter runs a call center which at peak time employs 150+ and she is the only full time person. If I read your post right, I understand where your coming from. And yes a lot of call center employees are on some government program, so what? I guess some would say to a lot of people who are only able to get part time work, so what? The so what of it is there are a lot of people who for what ever reason, actually do have a hard time making ends meet. The world even here in the good ole u s of a, ain't always a fun place.

... now who has a call blocker and do they work?

Yeah, I'll have to break the news to Amy that she is a "parasite" and that since she's taken on "the liberal way of life" that she needs to hurry up and contact the welfare office and demand her govt check. :rolleyes:

Back