Seraph first time out

ttownwideglider

numbers on setup are front 47.5, left 58.5, cross 62, lf cam +1/4, caster 7, toe 0, rf cam -3.0, cas 10, toe 1/16 out, stagger front 1 1/2, stagger, rear 1 3/8, track 39 rr 1/8 from frame rail, rear axle left side 1/8 hole down, rf castor block in front hole, weight 420. Air pressure 5 left side, 6 right side, tires Hoosier slicks punching at 55, 1/8 mile 10-12* banking, track wet and hard packed lot of bite. The kart was pushing so bad late center and even worse exit I had to get off the clutch and when the 125 Sudam locked up again it would break the rear loose and try to snap around on final exit. I changed tires for the feature went to 47 duro, moved lr out 1/4 and lowered l side pressure to 4 and r side pressure to 5 this helped and I cut a second off my lap times. The push was still terrible and I would like some input on what to do to get my setup to work. Just got this 125 Sudam and the power difference is a lot compared to the Stock appearing Yamaha I have been driving and that's a lot to control without the terrible handling kart. Todd can you give me some input on what to try.

I would go to 46.5 nose, 1.5" rear stagger, and -2 5/8 rf camber. Since you've got the power of the motor loosening the kart, the lower camber should help the steering input be more responsive.

put the l/r pills hole up my seraph pushed when i ran them hole down trying to get mroe cross i stwiched them back and won my weight it 409 and about the same numbers hope this helps

2 things i see that i would change first off, i like 48 nose with the Seraph, at 420 lbs, need more left. Anytime i had a Seraph center out, i added left.

Yes running a full wedge body with double angle wing and wickerbill. Should have good rear downforce. I been told not to get the tires to soft or it will lock the Seraph down. Is 47to soft for the chassis or can I go some more. The guys running the 450s and 250 2 strokes were running treads and seemed to be hooked up really good. Do you need to run treads all the way around or can you run them in the back and slicks on the front.

I going to real scale the kart with the softer compound on it at lower pressure and see what this does. Gonna move left rear out somemore while its on the scales to see weight difference.. Doesnt it push exiting becuse iam driving off the LR too much, not transferring enough weight to RR. My entry seems to be ok late center is where I start to feel push and it continues to get much worse all the way thru final exit.

Hey Todd thanks for getting back to me. After thinking about it and evaluating what was going on more I believe that the kart might have been extremely loose not pushing. I would get to exit and couldn't turn left or the kart would to come around on me, so I couldn't turn any harder to the left. The kart was tracking towards to outside of the track but if I tried to counter it would snap the rear loose. This was the first time I ever drove the chassis so kind of confusing as to what its doing. Iam running 1.5 frt,1.5 rear stagger. Someone at the track also said it looked like I was driving on the left rear and sliding the rear end. If in fact it is extremely loose then, lower rear stagger, move rear tires all the way in & lower pressure, higher pressure in front, move frt tires out, what else any camber or caster changes to try. All suggestions are greatly appreciated. Sorry for the confusion and I hope I am right about the problem

Back