Serrated lug nuts

I used to use them a long time ago until I seen what they did to the rims, I only use them now on the gear guards.

Same as Kj26 said - only if you enjoy getting your rims chewed up. We only use them on rear chain guards, and then only on the plastic ones. No loss of preload on the lug nuts with un-serrated lug nuts when our driver goes out for 50-54 laps of "open practice", a local euphemism for "OK, get your karts out there and finish rolling the track in."

I got a box a long time ago and still use them but put them on a belt sander for a second first. Not what I prefer but makes them useable.

Used them when first got kart then saw what happened to wheels switched to the ones that are 1/4 28 but 1/2" socket size non serrated

And, since this is the "Beginner" section, you obviously want your lug nuts tight but it is VERY common for people to overtighten kart lug nuts by hand or machine and break studs. So my advice is to take it easy with an impact or by hand. Broken studs can be a lengthy repair.

Like everyone above non serrated. And if using an impact just tighten until you here the ratchet. I use a 12 volt impact. You don't need overkill.

Back