Setting front left and cross with no lead

dkota911

I’m new here and I’ve searched through the forums to find an answer so I may have missed it somewhere but, i just picked up a rage nitro sr champ. Running the 425# class race form im 426 with the kart already. Front 40.5% left 59.5% cross 50% with no lead since im a bit of a chunk. Rage book says front 44-46% left 54-57% and cross 55-59%. Anything i can do to move my numbers around? Other than the obvious diet and cardio 🤣 Seat cant really move much more. Or are my numbers decent where they are?

I will add, I haven’t ran the kart on the track yet I’m just trying to get started and get a baseline i guess. Still learning

Do everything you can to get nose weight in the kart.....notch the seat, lengthen the chain, move the pedals.....need to be 44% minimum. THe rest of your numbers look OK

Are you sure that's a good stagger and tire pressure for the track that you plan to run? I am guessing it must be a pretty big track? 9 PSI on all 4 tires? If that's not where you need to be with tires then your numbers may be way off.I'm Only 1 " of front stagger doesn't see

Add weight to your nose to get closer to 45% and you’re prob going to have to move washers around to try and get more cross. 50% the kart is to balanced it won’t shift weight real well. We fought this problem last year. Cross became our friend.

Everything was already set up on this kart, for the track ill be at just for a smaller driver. I had to take off like 30lbs of weight when i got it. As far as tire pressure, i should be lower?

Back