setting toe

bayne28

I was bored reading the Msquare file sticky at the top...I'm still very green at this but the Guy talks about setting toe, castor, an camber with kart race ready....this might be dumb question but how do you set toe with someone in the kart...when mine was set up the Guy had the tires of an put these metal blocks on the spindles....maybe missing something here but I don't know any other way to set toe...any ideas

This is most easily done with a laser tool. There are a couple different out there, we use the accutoe. Allows the toe to be checked with the weight of the driver in the kart. Since the weight of a driver does cause the frame to flex a bit, the accutoe allows us to get a fairly straight front end tracking off the rear end. There are a couple youtube videos out that show this much easier than i can explain it here.

So I'm guessing you set the toe out an then when the chassis is loaded it brings the to back to normal or toe in?... would to much toe out cause drag or something down the straights....kinda like pushing a plow or something

Toe

I want my kart to track as straight as possible down the straightway. I race sprint karts on asphalt at a track with a 1000' straightway. I don't want any stagger and the kart to track as straight as possible. Toe in or out = drag in my notebook. If you are having trouble with your setup, try to find someone who is familiar with setups that work at your track and ask for help. Most karters will be willing to help you enough to get you going.

Yeah the Titan dealer helps me alot he just lives a pretty good ways away from me an I was wanting to kinda learn myself to save me the drive..thanks for the help

Back