Setup help 2011 Impulse, thanks

Willsracing11

Just purchased a 2011 Impulse, Here are the Details and ?'s
Small high banked med. bite track
Running Lite and Med. akra clone 325 and 350
33'S and Yellow Vegas
I weight 150 ibs.
track starts soft then gets harder threw night
?- Should I run the Seat bar ??? had one on it and didnt like it so I removed it ???
Give me some info please, Thanks

I would always run the seat bar. If for nothing else to keep your seat from getting in a bind. I have several customers on the impulse. and ive actually rode one myself, great karts, very user friendly. Some good numbers to start with are 57-58 left, 45.7-46.5 nose and 66-69 cross. stock castor settings, 3-3.5 degrees negative right front camber and .25-.50 degrees positive left front camber. 1.5'' front stagger and of course rear stagger will depend on how tight you corner entry is at your track. hope this helps.

It does, Thanks
Im close now to those numbers, Just wanted to make sure, Im running a floater left side seat strut, Just for me im always back and forth threw the seat, so when I ran it last race it seemed to to make a bigg diff. threw out the course of the race how I was sitting in the seat, was curious, Thanks

If you find you need to free it up or it starts to push. go up on nose to around 47.5. Other numbers look pretty good.

You need 48 nose, 3/8 lf and -3 3/8 rf camber. I wouldn't run the floater left seat strut. There's a reason millennium isn't making it stock on their karts. Get some grip in those rights.

Those numbers in post #2 look like something you would be on for high bite tracks in the southeast, not like tracks where we use Burris and Vega tires. I have a 2011 myself, it fly's when IV got the tires right and is still fast when I'm off a little, I race same type tracks as original poster described and on Burris ss33a's, the numbers that work well around here are

47 nose
65 cross
58 left
2.75 RF camber
.5 lf camber
stock caster
1 1/2 front stagger
7/8 - 1 1/4 rear stagger depending on the track
this is with the seat bar installed.

I also weigh around 150 and run clone lite and medium classes as well, mostly 1/5 mile tracks but occasionally 1/8 or smaller also, mostly medium bite tracks with some banking. More banking id use more camber on both front tires, but 2.75 and .5 seems to be a good all around setup, I never make chassis adjustments at the track, only tires. Where do you race at Willsracing?

Back