Shifter rod material needed

edman

Hello. Anybody know where I can find some aluminum tubing to produce a shifter rod? I'm planning on using 3/8 heims at each end. I'd like to find it in 1/2" OD, thick walled if possible.
All my searches just lead me to tie rods, and I need a piece @ 26" long. Anybody know where I can find this stuff at?
Thanks,
Ed

Anyplace which sells shifter karts will be able to help. I could recommend DRT Racing in Tn or CPI in Pa. However, their stuff will be metric.
Good luck,
Clark Sr.

Try Speedway or another car parts supplier. Those are basically what most transmission shifter rods are made from in dirt cars depending on the type of trans used.

Thanks guys, I'll check them out. OMB sells a kit with 24" rod and 2 ends, if I can't find what I'm really looking for

Said he needed a 26" rod, that comes in 24-30" so should be plenty. Cut to length and rethread the correct end and should be set! I knew Speedway had what he needed.

You do not need tube stock. Alum Bar Stock is fine. Find center to drill and tap bar stock . Or your friendly buddy with a lathe can do that in a jiffy. I like to make two of every thing Tie Rods / Shift Shafts /

Back