Show me the rule ,

Elmer Patterson

When using a new slide, in this case gold, there are some who machine or grind the carb cap to get max opening. I may be wrong but the rules say stock factory parts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Videos are nice but we race by Ikf rules but Wka and others have like rules when engines go thru tech there tech ed by the published rules with book in hand HAS THERE BEEN AN UP DATE OR A MEMO REFRENCING THIS VIDIO ?

Check on the top of page 4 in the 2015 Briggs & Stratton ruleset. Click here

"Optimization of the slide opening in Briggs & Stratton
Cadet, Novice, Junior 1, Junior 2 and National Junior
classes is permitted. The only allowable method of slide
optimization is by removing material from the throttle
cap in the area shown in this photo."

I did not add the photo.

"Slide opening must not exceed the appropriate ‘no go’
specification as per class regulations. For information on
slide optimization see video section at
www.BriggsRacing.com"

WKA now uses the B&S ruleset. I'm not sure about IKF.

Elmer

Here is the Briggs 2015 rule set if you look at the top of page 4 you find the answer.

http://www.briggsandstratton.com/eu/nl/~/media/Files/Racing/Briggs 2015 206 rules (5).pdf

Optimization of the slide opening in Briggs & Stratton
Cadet, Novice, Junior 1, Junior 2 and National Junior
classes is permitted. The only allowable method of slide
optimization is by removing material from the throttle
cap in the area shown in this photo.

Slide opening must not exceed the appropriate ‘no go’
specification as per class regulations. For information on
slide optimization see video section at
www.BriggsRacing.com

Pat Collins

If the rule book in Hand is the published BRiggs rules, you are good to go, if they use other rules or their interpretation you should have the rules in hand and understand them.

Contact
Dan Pellizzari (Gonzari)
IKF National 4 Cycle Tech Committee

Yelow slide height

On some carbs. the yellow slide height is too large without removing a little off the top of the carb body. I know what rules say, but the cap cannot be screwed down far enough to meet the height rule.

On some carbs. the yellow slide height is too large without removing a little off the top of the carb body. I know what rules say, but the cap cannot be screwed down far enough to meet the height rule.
Is that on the Walboro casting or the Briggs casting as I have never encountered that yet and I have teched many.

With so many qualified engine builders out there and certified tech officials . and still no real answer you guys can do better than that .p

IKF follows the same rules as WKA both of which adopted the Briggs LO 206 rule set. Read them all and they are essentially all the same.

I've always been an advocate for one set of rules for the LO206. I believe Briggs would welcome the other rule organizations copying their rule set verbatium.

If the slide opens too far, Tighten it with a pliers

Elmer- With the newness of the 206, rules are evolving. Since restrictor plates have been the norm, much detail is in place. In the case of your question, race organizers at many levels are citing the Briggs 206 slide rules as a point of reference to follow, if current sanctioning body rules are not to that point yet on slides. Information outlining slide openings are well-defined, along with what is legal to follow. Much like the rule book does NOT outline the tire choice in IKF, but ALL are resourceful enough to research the spec tire, and the rules associated with them.

Elmer- Slide rules were published a couple years ago as well. IKF & Briggs are working on things daily (all mine is volunteer work) and I'll spend an average of 10 hours a week in an effort to make racing better. In every sport, the fastest way to get better, is to gain a better understanding of attaining peak performance. My suggestion to you, become part of the solution, use your knowledge for the greater good, and help to educate those that might not yet know how to level the playing field. Nothing better than close racing.

Last edited:
Nothing better than close racing.

Dan, Still trying to get my arms around that as I hear it all the time, and how this helps karting grow. Maybe..maybe not...... what really is the key to karting growth? It might just go beyond all the conversation these days........! Who knows, lets see over the years to come and how this all shakes out. I really don't know but I have my opinion.......!

Makes me really wonder as compared to the biggest karting series in the U.S. .....Dirt! What is the key bullets that is driving all that success.....???

Steve

Always gets me going when I see someone talk about, "Growing Kart Racing", what a joke, Y'all need to do your homework and go back to when it was invented around 1956, in California, for racing, not spectating and by a bunch that were racers first. the first several yrs. it grew exponentially, from west coast to east coast, with maybe 5-6 classes, all 2-stroke, then the so-called "National" orgs. grew and became personal "Empires" that could never agree on anything. There were other things that really affected the big picture, like a kart exhibited at the Paris Auto show in 1960, 4-stroke growth in the S.E., EYC., ETC., Etc. Today it's all over the world, but there remains a huge number of racers and tracks all over our country that fly under the radar of "National", orgs. It would be real interesting to see if anyone could put real numbers to give us answers to this question.

Back