SKC Racing Series 2014 Race 1

Hey B-man, thanks for the well wishes. It was a beautiful weekend for racing. Sunshine and in the mid to upper 60's. Jamie has some good video from the LO206 race. Maybe he can get it uploaded soon !!!
See you guys at Kershaw !!!
Joe

Sunday was an awesome day for racing!!
Joe I hated to come off the track after "helping" you go that fast, but I figured you were tired anyway & would come on in after you saw me off track!!

I will try to get some video up tonight. It was some very good racing and I had as much track time as I could stand on Sunday. LOL. Couldn't have asked for better weather and the track was great.

Turnout was not so good. I entered as many classes as I could physically run. I'm glad I didn't have to "push" it hard in that 3rd race on Sunday. I don't know if I could have made it home. LOL. 3 classes in one day is my physical limit. We ALL need to show up and race. If we don't, there might not be a "next" race to make it to. I miss the days of 20 animals showing up and racing. I miss the days of the pits being filled, the big cookouts, the parties in the pits, etc. Those days were a BLAST to be there for. But guys, if we don't ALL start showing up and bringing someone with you, I'm telling you (not as any capacity of the club, just personal observation) that it's not going to be around long. You can't plan on making the "next" race. The time is now. We have been on a gradual down swing in enduro racing in the South for years and it's at a breaking point. You can either show up and race, or watch it fade away and once it's gone...... it will be hard, if not impossible to get it back.

Jamie, I've been thinking all day about this past weekend. Your observation was absolutely correct. I really enjoyed the opportunity to test and tune on Saturday. It was almost like a National by having a practice day and a race day! It was one of the best weather weekends of all the Feb. races I have attended at Roebling Road since I started in 2007. I would like to thank everyone that worked so hard to put the race on. Our numbers may have been low, but the hard work and tireless efforts were over the top.

We actually had several new racers ! No doubt in my mind that they had fun. There was even a young boy that drove his first race on Sat. He had been promised for several years that he would be allowed to race when he turned eight. His day finally arrived this past weekend. I was told that he talked about it most of Sat. nite and Sunday. I think the adult racers should share his enthusiasm !
Thanks again to everyone that helped this past weekend !!

Joe

Here is the LO206 video from 385#.

[video=youtube;bAAPohchQ5o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAAPohchQ5o[/video]

Nice video Jamie ! Now, I know you were SANDBAGGING !!!!! LOL Maybe next race the Webb Bros. won't team up against me !!!!!!!!
JOE

I can't believe Darren left you high and dry like that to fend for yourself. It's tough when your drafting partnet goes golfing instead of racing. I wouldn't do my friends that way. :) :D ;)

I can't believe Darren left you high and dry like that to fend for yourself. It's tough when your drafting partnet goes golfing instead of racing. I wouldn't do my friends that way. :) :D ;)

Sorry mother nature threw us a curve ball. The weather looked great and I don't know if I could've help Joe looks like you got faster. Great video see you guys in Kershaw.

Back