Slow take off LO206aster class....

I running 390lb weight class , I have 55lbs on seat and I weigh about 160lbs. Eagle chassis. It seems have slow take off even from the grid. Running fury clutch ( 2 black 2 white springs) what help me since all the added weight ????

Different clutch ? Different spring set up ? Lower driver on front ?

With added weight on seat is it like a heavier driver now in kart ?

Any additional weight will slow it down .
Smaller driver will improve take off at the expense of top speed .
All black springs may help . Raising the stall speed .

The engagement of the clutch should be just fine where you have it - I would not change that (assuming this is adult black slide.)
Gear ratio is always a challenge (and a trade-off.) Smaller clutch driver will accelerate quicker, but will sacrifice top speed to a larger clutch driver.
Hitting the rev limiter at the appropriate point(s) on the track is critical.
Check with some of your top competitors and see if you can get some pointers on gearing and start from there.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
32 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

For sprint racing (I saw you are an eagle) a flame with two blacks and two whites will be fine most of the time. However, you are using a fury and it has larger, heavier shoes and I would go with four blacks to start or even stacking to get a little more.

If your clutch shoes are worn and you are getting extra slippage, that would result in slower acceleration from a standing start. Check your clutch after a track session to see if it is getting excessive heat. It should be warm, but not hot enough to burn your fingers. If it is uncomfortably hot, take it apart and inspect for grease and/or clean it. If shoes appear worn, replace them.

For sprint racing (I saw you are an eagle) a flame with two blacks and two whites will be fine most of the time. However, you are using a fury and it has larger, heavier shoes and I would go with four blacks to start or even stacking to get a little more.
This would be alright, too, as long as you keep the clutch engaged in your tightest corner(s.)
With the Fury, I've found if you go to all black springs, you need to add some weights to keep the clutch locked up at some tracks.
That's the advantage to the Fury over the Flame, is that you can "tune" the clutch with weights.
Whatever clutch set-up you choose, be prepared to test back to back and watch your lap times.
Sometimes you'll find an advantage one over the other, other times you'll scratch your head and wonder why you bothered. (Keep in mind that once a clutch is locked up, the brand name and engagement rpm mean nothing.) :)

Hi Brian, I think that's backwards. You can't add weights to a fury. Just want to clarify for the OP.

We had the same problem in the LO206 enduro class. Changed to these shoes, 2 white and two black springs, sanded the drum, problem solved. They hook up great but wear out quickly. Also check your head gasket, could be starting to leak.

Attachments

• 20210406_201527.jpg
    20210406_201527.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 23
How much over weight are you for the 390lb class? If more than 5 or 6 lbs over what is stopping you from taking lead off the seat?
I have no experience with sprints but for dirt oval i commonly get heavy people scaled without adding additional weight to the kart simply by moving the seat. Trial and error has led to very little error any more.

Hi Brian, I think that's backwards. You can't add weights to a fury. Just want to clarify for the OP.
Yep, good catch - Flame. My bad -- all these similar names get me confused already - Sarah just ordered 5 of the incorrect clutch (probably because I told her the same thing.) UGH! :)

Yep, good catch - Flame. My bad -- all these similar names get me confused already - Sarah just ordered 5 of the incorrect clutch (probably because I told her the same thing.) UGH! :)
Just go with the Max Torque Draggin Skin and end the confusion ! Great adjustable and tunable clutch for the 206 !!

How much over weight are you for the 390lb class? If more than 5 or 6 lbs over what is stopping you from taking lead off the seat?
I have no experience with sprints but for dirt oval i commonly get heavy people scaled without adding additional weight to the kart simply by moving the seat. Trial and error has led to very little error any more.
I weight 392...but I only weight 160 myself...and and kart is around 160-165 ish...

I have so much lead on the seat I wonder if that issue or placement is wrong... I was gonna try all 4 black springs or lower driver on clutch...

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1619495664878.jpg
    FB_IMG_1619495664878.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 43
Any additional weight will slow it down .
Smaller driver will improve take off at the expense of top speed .
All black springs may help . Raising the stall speed .

Would all 4 help cause I got so much lead on seat ? Thought about that and or lower driver down 1 and then see were hit rev limiter were spots I should hit it and I not...think not cause so long to wind up..here seat now...

Attachments

FB_IMG_1619495664878.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 11
I running 390lb weight class , I have 55lbs on seat and I weigh about 160lbs. Eagle chassis. It seems have slow take off even from the grid. Running fury clutch ( 2 black 2 white springs) what help me since all the added weight ????

I thought about 4 black springs...or lower driver both ? I got so much lead on seat...2 on left...2 on right ...

I thought about 4 black springs...or lower driver both ? I got so much lead on seat...2 on left...2 on right ... Then 7 on back of seat...

Back of seat is 5 across the very top...
Then below that one on left and one on right . I closed a pic

Attachments

FB_IMG_1619495664878.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 21
Back