Slow take off LO206aster class....

Where the weight is located only affects handling .
Indirectly handling could affect lap times , subsequently rpm .

If everyone else in the class weighs the same, the clutch doesn't care how much weight is on the seat or on your belly. Also, going to 4 black springs will not make that much difference (if any at all). What track are you at? What top RPMs are you getting to on the track? What is your gear ratio compared to the guys you see accelerating better?

That picture leaves me with many questions. For a moment lets just skip the question about acceleration.
Your fuel tank full adds to your total weight you have it off the kart in the pic?
Most of your led is mounted too high on the seat. I would arrange it to be almost dragging the track.
No led under the front center area of the seat is pictured? A couple pieces could be mounted on your left side seat strut instead on the seat.
Probably room for some led under the right and left lower leg support of the seat.
Centering and keeping the led low will help the kart rotate corners faster and better as it looks now I would think it would hop quite easily.
It may just be the picture but it looks like the left front end is bent up quite a bit, even the front frame rail looks high on the left.

That picture leaves me with many questions. For a moment lets just skip the question about acceleration.
Your fuel tank full adds to your total weight you have it off the kart in the pic?
Most of your led is mounted too high on the seat. I would arrange it to be almost dragging the track.
No led under the front center area of the seat is pictured? A couple pieces could be mounted on your left side seat strut instead on the seat.
Probably room for some led under the right and left lower leg support of the seat.
Centering and keeping the led low will help the kart rotate corners faster and better as it looks now I would think it would hop quite easily.
It may just be the picture but it looks like the left front end is bent up quite a bit, even the front frame rail looks high on the left.

I assumed that was an optical illusion. Otherwise the left spindle is so bent that tire might not be touching the ground...

We should probably also not gloss over the safety aspect of the unpainted weight or the fact that two 5-pounders are held on with one bolt. Both concerns so big that I would not share the track with this kart.

Weight mounting does need addressed .
The axle and cross bar look pretty level compared to the front end .

I would lower your weights on your seat. Also, if you you are mounting more than 5 pounds of weight you need to use two bolts. I would make sure that your clutch is set up right. If you can put your kart on scales I would check your nose weight, left side, right side weight.

I running 390lb weight class , I have 55lbs on seat and I weigh about 160lbs. Eagle chassis. It seems have slow take off even from the grid. Running fury clutch ( 2 black 2 white springs) what help me since all the added weight ????

Different clutch ? Different spring set up ? Lower driver on front ?

With added weight on seat is it like a heavier driver now in kart ?
Put as little fuel in your tank as you can, but enough to get you through a session. Fill up after each practice or race so you are ready for the next!
Or try lighter wheels. I recommend taking apart your clutch a day before your race and and use brake cleaner to clean it and afterward, rub some red grease on it (not the shoes, though). You can get the grease and brake cleaner from AutoZone.
Do you grease your chain each race?

Just to echo what others have said, I've been told to run all black springs in the clutch to improve engaugement response. Heard it helps, to what extent I have no idea. Playing with gearing might be a better solution.

Just to echo what others have said, I've been told to run all black springs in the clutch to improve engaugement response.
Whats a good setup for a Junior class (NOT a junior ENGINE!) 206 clutch? I use the normal 206.

Gearing is very track specific. I am no expert as I'm constantly playing with gearing to see what works best for me. Last weekend I went threw 4 gear changes during practice to find "the right gear." I'm usually faster when I find what rights on my own, oppose from taking other peoples advice (at least lately thats been the case. But not always) I had a very fast buddy of mine who I raced with last weekend, and he was recently telling me to change to all black springs. I currently run 2 black/ 2 white. I was discussing with him how to get faster off a rolling start.

Okay, thx. I race in the Junior class, and we use the yellow carb slides, except for me. i had a black kid kart slide, and we didn't know at all, because this is my very first season! I probably hit 50 MPH and then my revs maxed out badly. All other juniors hit 70 MPH!

Back