Small Pinks?

DBR9601

Am I the only one with Pinks coming out of the box at 33 1/2?? With LR's being 33 to 33 1/4 it's hard to get an "1" in the back, much less an 1 1/4. I've had 80-100lbs in all right sides for a month and when I let them down to race air, they come back to what they were out of the box. Any tricks or tips ya'll got will be greatly appreciated...

I've had the same problems. I've heard that if you air the tire up to 1/4" over the size that you want and put them in the hot box for about 15 mins and take them out and let sit for a day, that they will be close to the correct size and will stay that size. I'm gonna try it this week and see if it works

I've had the same problems. I've heard that if you air the tire up to 1/4" over the size that you want and put them in the hot box for about 15 mins and take them out and let sit for a day, that they will be close to the correct size and will stay that size. I'm gonna try it this week and see if it works

This is what I do, I have had the same problem.. take them straight out of the box air them up to 1/4 over and put them in a hot box 15 minutes, gets tires where they need to be but it is always smart to keep them aired up to size until raceday.

The last couple of cases I have been getting are coming out at 34 plus or minus and 8th. The cases prior to that were 33 1/2". We have and oven in the shop and I blew them up to 34.25" and left them in on 180* for 20 mins, came out a little big, but once you roll the insides with prep they usually come down to around 34. You may have to repeat this process on a couple tires.

Back