Smc vortex

Colt sr

Did smc discontinue the vortex? If so does it hurt chances for parts for rebuild in the near future?

If you click on the 2 disc vortex on their site they are sold out. So I didn't know if they were discontinued because of that.

If you click on the 2 disc vortex on their site they are sold out. So I didn't know if they were discontinued because of that.
They are just behind on production (like everyone.) We just got an order in from them this week and I'm sure I'll see Tom at the OVKA show tomorrow. I don't think they'll ever discontinue that clutch.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
www.youtube.com
34 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

They are just behind on production (like everyone.) We just got an order in from them this week and I'm sure I'll see Tom at the OVKA show tomorrow. I don't think they'll ever discontinue that clutch.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
www.youtube.com
34 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com
I was just trying to verify as we are switching from the greased lightning and don't want another discontinued clutch. Yes I know I am late to switch but the greased lightning has served us well for over 10 years

I have 4 greased lightning all work great but since parts and drivers are becoming more scarce I thought it would be a good time to get a more updated clutch.
I understand. I just sold a basket that was like new at the swap meet with a driver for $20 I think it was. I'll probably regret selling it when someone sends me a GL to rebuild and needs those parts now. Kinda like the H'man, MDC, X5, and Reapers. Also the Ward Revo clutch parts that we used to stock (twice.) We still get calls for rebuilding all these.

I understand. I just sold a basket that was like new at the swap meet with a driver for $20 I think it was. I'll probably regret selling it when someone sends me a GL to rebuild and needs those parts now. Kinda like the H'man, MDC, X5, and Reapers. Also the Ward Revo clutch parts that we used to stock (twice.) We still get calls for rebuilding all these.
One of these days I am going to make it down to your shop as we will be keeping a few greased lightning clutches. I am planning on having a couple rebuilt for indoor racing only. I prefer to have clutches built for direct use.

Back