smooth "polished" tires: what are they telling me?

owenracing9

After a rain storm on Saturday we went out for the feature and TOTALLY missed on tires -- qualified near the front (before the rain), but went to the back in the feature (after the rain).

After coming off the track I looked at our tires and they appeared to be VERY smooth -- almost as if someone had "polished" them.

I am guessing this is telling me my tires were not soft enough, but just wondering ...?

I know when my tires are too soft they get rough, and in the worst conditions, almost as if someone had taken a file and run it sideways across the tire. When I seem to have it just right it is smooth, but not "polished". Any feedback is appreciated.

If you had on pinks and blues for the first race early on in the night, they needed to be as soft as possible, with as much bite as you could get into the tire, that's why the first 13 classes (or something like that) were won on Vegas, and the Vegas we won on, punched 22, in race 12.

Dave sums it up... We was not there but saw the times the track put off in Q and then what it slowed down to in the features... Knew the track had changed night and day. Tires were probably way to on-top.

Thanks Dave and Tyler!
Yep, we were on Maxxis pink and blue punching 35 and we were the second race out. LOL. No wonder we dropped like a rock. Oh well, it was the softest thing we had. Live and learn to race another day.
Thanks guys!!

Back