Snydersville Microstock results 7-10-15

Microstock2

What a show! I actually at one point, wished I could be in the stands to watch!

72 year old Fred Delibero lead the field to the green from the pole with heat two winner Jim Ackerman on the outside front row position.

As they took the green and hurtled into turn one Ted Harris tucked in behind Delibero and closed the door on Ackerman forcing him to take the long way around.

Tom Arntz and Larry Ealey would also drop down and pursue the two front runners.

For 20 laps Fred would hit his marks flawlessly and never waver from the groove.

This would force Harris to try everything in the book to make a pass. As this was going on, Harris was experiencing the same conditions from behind as Tom Arntz would turn up the heat on Harris and Larry Ealey was doing the same to Arntz.

Each driver would remove some paint from their front bumpers as the applied the pressure bump drafting on the small oval.

As this was developing Ron Farber and Matt Ackerman would be battling furiously.

The only way to break the deadlock would be for someone to make an error and open a window of opportunity. Despite the hard charging, Fred would keep cool under pressure and race across the line for the checker!

It was a popular win as he was congratulated by drivers and spectators alike after exiting the track.

The race finished in the following order. Fred Delibero 2 Ted Harris 3 Tom Arntz 4 Larry Ealey 5 Ron Farber 6 Matt Ackerman 7 Jim Ackerman 8 James Counterman 9 Matt Gyurkovics 10 Mike Andrews DNF

Pit notes: Last nights race was proof that good hard racing can be accomplished lap after lap without the yellow despite the rubbing and bump drafting. It is all about respect and give and take . Our drivers displayed that respect and that is rare in the race culture of the modern era. Kudos guys it was a pleasure racing with you.

Welcome back Jim Ackerman in the 22 after a short absence. it is always a pleasure to have you race and keep us laughing in the pits waiting for our event.

Welcome back Mike Andrews in his revamped sharp looking 27j . Unfortunately Mike suffered some early contact that would pitch the chain and he would be retired to the infield.

Once again our drivers were treated to a pool table smooth racing surface that gives us the opportunity to go full bore!

My Apologies,
I forgot to add the most important sentence." Congratulations Fred on your first well deserved win, you worked hard for it."

It was awesome display of racing and sportsmanship lets face it any the above mention could have taken some out but didn't heat show great sportsmanship!!!

Back