Sonik help no fire

Alright guys got everything set up to run the motor and no fire checked all switches cheched ok the motors been setting awhile so i'm going to pull the side plates and make sure it's not rusty on the flywheel. Is there away to check the coil or stator and were can you find a coil if it's bad try to find an engine manual but no luck can you change the coil system with a different tag motor or know anyone i can call thanks guys need your help

most ignition problems,, lack of ground, plug cap... rotors don't go bad, then your left with stator and coil..

Does does the motor turn over with starter and there is no fire at spark plug? Or nothing happens when you push button?
If nothing is happening take a tyewrap and pull starter wire plug together

Yes it truns over with the starter and cranks fine just no fire at plug `the wire that ran to the switch disconnected it put to ground than left open still no fire, check flywheel make sure it was turnning and key not broken don't know how to check the coil or stator

Send to someone that has a ignition dyno, or find someone and swap coil and stator, being a sonik, it should have a selettra on it.. common ignition...

TS racing is somewhere in your neck of the woods.. they were a sonik dealer

Might try an external starter and see if you get fire, the onboard may not be Turning it fast enough. here are something I would try
1. try a different plug
2. check for broken wires going to coil and ignition
3. ground motor to chassis and coil
4. check spark plug boot

thank you guys for all the help I used an external starter and my son found out how bad that coil fires he learned a few new words ha ha thanks so much and can't wait this things sound like one bad a-- motor going to 103 st. Friday

It will fly ! I turned our stocker just under 16000 rpm on a tight 1/2 mile sprint track. If the chassis is off it will blow the tires loose. Enjoy

thank you guys for all the help I used an external starter and my son found out how bad that coil fires he learned a few new words ha ha thanks so much and can't wait this things sound like one bad a-- motor going to 103 st. Friday
Funny. Your turn to hold the plug wire next time.

Back