SouthEast: Predator Champs?

Ted Hamilton

Helmet Painter / Racer
I've seen that the Predator class has had some success catching on with the flat karts. Have any local tracks run a Predator Champ class?

You may have seen my last post about LO206 champs...

Bottom line, I'd like to run a champ, but want ease of weekly maintenance, just pull it out and drive kind of situation. What would fit the bill, and how far back in age can a champ go and still be (relatively) competitive in a Predator or LO206 setup?

Thanks..

~Ted

PS -- I'm in the market for a CHEAP champ...can trade helmets / paint too in addition to cash...

I believe that a LO206 in a champ with an EL rule would make a really competitive class that would be fairly affordable. The Predator could take that same concept a bit farther still, but I don't see the class catching on in this area, as much as it makes sense. I love champs because of the closeness of competition, and the fact that you don't have to have the latest chassis to be up front. I think that as old as an 07 or 08 chassis, depending on brand and condition, should be very viable, especially in this kind of rules package. The classifieds here are full of 1000 dollar champs.

Back