Southern Kart Club @ Roebling Rd Oct 4 & 5

5xRacing

October Registration is now OPEN!

This event will also host the "Karting Classic Event - from Clintons to Komets" Vintage Karts.
Come on out and see where it all began with the Vintage Karts running on both days.

We want to thank all of our Sponsors for their support and to all the volunteers who make the races possible. Please check-in for updates in the forums at www.southernkartclub.com

This Weekend!!!!

Weather forecast for the weekend is looking great!! Hi's in the low 80s. Bring em out...time to go racing!!!!!!

Looking forward to this weekend in Savannah. Been hearing a lot of people talking about making the race this weekend. Yes Steve, the weather is going to be great and it is Octoberfest down on River Street.

Load up and come on down for a fast and fun weekend. See you there.

Larry

Count me in! I'm bring a vintage Van-K enduro with an 820 West Bend to support the vintage venue. October in Savannah generally brings us the best racing weather. Can't wait! :)

Dave we had a blast! Weather was in the mid 70s. Racing this weekend was great, entries were up & had a pretty good turnout for a club event. Pretty cool to see a bunch of the vintage karts out there too!

Agreed Steve. This past weekend was incredible. We had some very good and close racing, the weather was fantastic and the crowd really gave me hope that road racing is getting stronger.

As far as the Animals are concerned, Ben Thomason was quickest both days. Unfortunately, he experienced mechanical problems. Blake Beattie won 335 with Brent Hadden 2nd(can't remember the others). Robert Garland won the 385. Sunday, Brent won a photo finish with Blake for the 360 race and Stephen Wheatley won the 410 class.
My other nephew, Carter Hadden ran his second race weekend in the Cadet class with a very determined Desi Greco. Every time he would come in off the track, he would want to know what his times were. Carter improved his lap times way down to a blistering 2:25. You could not wipe the smile off of that boy's face.

Thanks to everyone that helped put on a great race weekend. Thanks to everyone that came out and participated. Cannot wait to see everyone next season.

Larry Palmer

I'm so glad to hear there was a decent turnout. Me...... dangit....... had to wait until Friday morning before making a decision after coming down with a "bug". Probably (for me) the best was that I didn't make it. I ended up in the hospital getting fluids pumped back into me. :(

I wouldn't say the turnout was decent. But it was better than previous races. There is hope for the future. But if we as racers don't come out and support our series, it will be no more. Track rent, travel, lodging etc...etc... nibbles into the cost of this sport.
We collectively need to try and find a way to may sure there is a future. The days of $50.00 per class racing on road courses is long over. Unless you find a way to get 200 plus entries. We need EVERYONE to come as often as possible.

It's tough, I know, Believe me, I know.

It's time to be creative, to try and find a way to afford this sport we all love and are passionate about. Think about it. Memberships, flat rate weekends, negotiate base rates for tracks. We all need to put our heads together and try to find out what to do.

It was a great weekend. Weather was great. First time on the track and I really liked it. Much better driving that Nccar. It's a shame to be so close to home and not be able to use it more often. Many thanks for all that worked to put on the show.

I agree with you James. Roebling Road should be at the top of every road racer's list. I like Savannah, the people that come out and race with us, and especially the track. If close racing, the draft, and flat out speeds interest you..........Then, Roebling Road is THE PLACE TO BE !! It's definitely my choice !!! It is a much better facility than some we've visited this year. Hopefully, we can have National in the 2015 season. Thanks again to everyone that has help to provide us with a place to race this past season. Looking foward to next year !!!!

It was my first road race (Vintage Enduro) and It was great! My thanks to the Southern Kart Club. You will have a new member soon. Brad

Back