Spare Kart Axle Trailer Storage Options

MudMonster4

I built and setup a full spare kart axle over the winter so if we bent one, I could just drop it in and go. Just wondering how everyone stores them so it's not back there banging around in the trailer until I need it.

I built and setup a full spare kart axle over the winter so if we bent one, I could just drop it in and go. Just wondering how everyone stores them so it's not back there banging around in the trailer until I need it.
I want to get the Axle rack/holder?, from KKP but havent yet.. I always go to track with an extra axle too, I keep mine in my truck, kinda wedged in some stuff so it dont roll around... Id like to have that axle holder though..

I want to get the Axle rack/holder?, from KKP but havent yet.. I always go to track with an extra axle too, I keep mine in my truck, kinda wedged in some stuff so it dont roll around... Id like to have that axle holder though..

Something Like The KKP Would work but in not sure about mounting it to the wooden walls inside the trailer. I also thought about cutting a tote on the sides for the axle to sit in and putting the lid on it.

Last edited:
Traz Kustoms on Facebook makes some nice quick release mounts. Or the KKP's work good. Think I see Demon racing chassis just come out with one as well.

I gotta see how close together the metal wall studs are in my homesteader for the KKP rack . Thanks for the other options.
the axle is about 33" wide, your wall studs are prolly 24". The KKP is a 2 peice deal so "should" be able to hit a stud on both of them.. But if need be like Flattop said just hit the studs with a 1x4 or equivelent and go from there.. Im still keeping mine in the truck for now :) :) ....

the axle is about 33" wide, your wall studs are prolly 24". The KKP is a 2 peice deal so "should" be able to hit a stud on both of them.. But if need be like Flattop said just hit the studs with a 1x4 or equivelent and go from there.. Im still keeping mine in the truck for now :) :) ....

We have a 5x8 Homesteader with the extra tall ceilings so, every little bit of room i can save on the floor is a big plus so I dont have to go to the bed of my truck haha

Attachments

• thumbnail_20230419_125836.jpg
    thumbnail_20230419_125836.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 45
I'm not sure whose axle rack we have in our trailer - I am thinking PitPal...but anyway, we hung it above the side door so it is totally out of the way (in hopes that we'd never need to use it.) :)
Streeter/HRP surely has an axle rack too - that would be my choice if shopping for one today.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
www.youtube.com
35 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

I'm not sure whose axle rack we have in our trailer - I am thinking PitPal...but anyway, we hung it above the side door so it is totally out of the way (in hopes that we'd never need to use it.) :)
Streeter/HRP surely has an axle rack too - that would be my choice if shopping for one today.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
www.youtube.com
35 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com