Spare parts needed for newbie

Phineas

So I am going to purchase a Phantom Pro package Go Kart for my son. What would you suggest I need to have on hand as spare parts?
I am thinking an extra set of tires and rims, chain,spark plugs.
What would be part he most likely breaks to begin with and I am going to wish I had it on hand?

Thank You

So I am going to purchase a Phantom Pro package Go Kart for my son. What would you suggest I need to have on hand as spare parts?
I am thinking an extra set of tires and rims, chain,spark plugs.
What would be part he most likely breaks to begin with and I am going to wish I had it on hand?

Thank You

1 extra set of tires? try like 4 or 5 sets
extra body, clutch axle keys, safety clips
Basically you'll end up with almost every part on your chassis, nothing worse than tearing up at the track and the vendor doesnt have what you need or you pay almost twice what it costs at the track

Oil, fuel, funnel, air. tire gauge. dial caliper, chain break, chair, water-drinking Write all this down it helps.

If you can afford it, a spare engine. Really hard on your kid when you've worked all week to get the kart ready, then gotten up early and driven a long time to a track, but the engine breaks during practice and the kid doesn't get to race. You can bring some spare engine parts instead (carb, air filter, exhaust pipe, valve springs, spark plug, flywheel key, clutch key, pull starter, ignition coil, etc.) but a lot of times if something breaks inside the block it's impractical to fix it at the track (especially by the next time your class is on the grid).

Even better if you can afford to outfit the spare engine with a chain guard, mounting plate (part that bolts directly to the engine), throttle linkage (so you only have to release the clip in the clevis at the end of the throttle cable) fuel and oil catch connectors (to match your hoses) and maybe even a clutch. The less you have to transfer from the original engine to the spare engine the quicker you can recover from catastrophe.

We also keep an extra neck brace and pair of gloves in the trailer. They can be older / not so pretty pieces - good enough to do their jobs. Seems easy to forget or lose these items - especially one glove!

Back