Spindle degree starting point

RacerX327

What Spindle (itself) degree is a good starting point for a tight track with elevation change? If it helps any the track in particular is Lafayette Motorsports Park. lafayettemp.com

Elevation Thru the turns ?
This could be wrong , I always
Thought more angle more jacking .
Less angle less jacking .
C
Caster has an even bigger effect.

Elevation Thru the turns ?
This could be wrong , I always
Thought more angle more jacking .
Less angle less jacking .
C
Caster has an even bigger effect.
Thank you for the reply! There are 3 corners were there is slight elevation change. I too have the same thought on the jacking pointer. I am working with/on a 95 Coyote wide track that I'm getting ready for the vintage scene. The kart does have Caster adjustment and I'm not looking to get into that just yet, if at all.

I'd call Coyote directly and ask for Jim Lapari (My spelling might not be right?). They're repopping Wide Tracks now and chances are he's ran them at Lafayette, so he can probably give you a setup that works perfectly. Jim is very good about helping people racing Coyotes, whether it's new or used.

I'd call Coyote directly and ask for Jim Lapari (My spelling might not be right?). They're repopping Wide Tracks now and chances are he's ran them at Lafayette, so he can probably give you a setup that works perfectly. Jim is very good about helping people racing Coyotes, whether it's new or used.
I like your thinking, that was going to be my next step.

I like your thinking, that was going to be my next step.
My re-introduction into kart racing back 10 years ago or so was on a used Coyote - I can't remember the model now. I called Coyote for a setup. At the time I didn't realize it was Jim I was talking to but put two and two together later. If he was at the track (Avon) he would take the time to talk to me and ask how I was doing and give me tips to make it better. My chassis was fairly old then, but that didn't matter to him.

Back