spindle

racer99

How do you know when you have a bent spindle? Also if you do and you lazer toe it will it effect your handling and how ? Thanks

Don't know what it was that's why I'm asking how do I know. laser toed it square and I don't take measurements on that.

check the camber. if the spindle is powder coated you may see a witness area in the coating where it is welded on. check your kingpin bolt to make sure it isn't bent

Either put it on the scales again or take off the spindle to see if it's bent. Not sure of any other way besides those

Put it on the scales, if numbers are close to the same as before all is probably good. What kind of chassis is it? Some brands bend a whole lot easier than others.

To check kingpin, take hub off the spindle and spin the kingpin. If it's bent the spindle will travel up and down while spinning the kingpin bolt.

Have you wrecked to call this into question?

Make a good fixture/jig off a new one. That's the only easy fast way to know if the used one is still like new.

Put it on the scales, if numbers are close to the same as before all is probably good. What kind of chassis is it? Some brands bend a whole lot easier than others.

To check kingpin, take hub off the spindle and spin the kingpin. If it's bent the spindle will travel up and down while spinning the kingpin bolt.

Have you wrecked to call this into question?
or side to side and not up and down

Back