star parts question

keithcar72

I have a star motor I am trying to put back together. My question is what engine family is it. When I went to order my gaskets they didn't list a star and I'm not sure if its a hh, hm or what. I was going to try and see if my usual place had the gaskets.

Mike Clements racing and VKE Motorsports are bolth still bid supporters of the Star engine . i have gone to a local small engine shop here at home before and found gaskets and such

is head gasket same as hm 100 also? I knew Tecumseh made them but I figured it had to be based on a production engine, like the intek and animal share some parts even though they are 2 different engines.

Try e.c. burt.com they have a contact number on there website i still run a tecumseh 10 hp star racing motor and the help me alot

i Have a new block and several star parts for sale HL-380 carb with intake{EC Bert}, Billet side Cover & Crank ,other star cranks to include one turned down to 3/4 in shaft

The Tecumseh Star is based upon the old point ignition HM100 engine. The gaskets will fit the star motor. The crank seals you might need come from the point ignition version only. The late model electronic ignition engines had much larger crank bearing so the seals are not the same.

While the production gaskets will work the old Motorsport engines actually had better gasket materials. High density paper and graphite materials.

star parts

i Have a new block and several star parts for sale HL-380 carb with intake{EC Bert}, Billet side Cover & Crank ,other star cranks to include one turned down to 3/4 in shaft

do you still have star parts?

- - - Updated - - -

do you still have star parts?

VKE is still in business and Mike is still building engines and selling parts. Mike Clements is also still in business and still selling star parts as well

Back