Stock animal

Sprintcarfreak

I'm new to karting, I need a engine to run in jr1.everyone at our track runs animals. Would a stock animal strait from briggs be enough? Or do I have to buy a stock one and take it to a engine builder? Any comments would be helpful thanks

For a JR 1, I don't see why you couldn't buy one from Briggs, get it race ready and be competitive with it as long as it meets the rules, tires would be a bigger gain for the restricted classes I believe

Thanks w5r,I'm still trying to figure all this stuff out! My daughter's first race is in two weeks. What all would it take to make it race ready? At our track we can only run burris tires and I'm still trying to figure out size and compound, any suggestions?

Thanks w5r,I'm still trying to figure all this stuff out! My daughter's first race is in two weeks. What all would it take to make it race ready? At our track we can only run burris tires and I'm still trying to figure out size and compound, any suggestions?

Need to talk with someone at your track about tires, most run 33's
Check with your local parts guy you wont save much if any money ordering from someone that doesnt know the tracks you run, but the knowledge you may gain from buying from a local guy until you get your feet wet will help shorten the learning curve
8.10 RF on 10 in wide by 6 in wheel
8.10 RR on same rim as RF
6.00 LR on 8.50 in by 6 in rim
6.00 LF on 6 by 6 rim

For a JR 1, I don't see why you couldn't buy one from Briggs, get it race ready and be competitive with it as long as it meets the rules, tires would be a bigger gain for the restricted classes I believe

I'm not sure about building a jr1 animal, our restricted classes use clones here and its different than the animals. You'll need to get a rule book to see what you can and cant do

I would get with a local engine builder. having one built will take some of the pressure off you so you can consentrate on chassis tuning and working with your new diver.

With the best engine in the world, it's going to be six months, or more, before you can be competitive. It's a long and steep learning curve. If the money is not a concern, get the blueprint, but if the money is a concern, spend some time racing and learning and making sure your daughter wants to stick with it. Make sure you want to stick with it.

For me, the learning curve was half the fun. Learn about jetting, (very important) learn about timing, learn about tires, just learn about what it takes to be a racer. A word of advice; it's nowhere near as easy as it looks. When you get that first, "first place trophy" you'll realize how much fun it was getting there.

I have only been on this forum for two weeks and already learned so much from everyone! Thanks guys! Thanks Alvin lnuey,callen,W5r and xxx#40. We races kid karts last you but there are no set ups in that class.My daughter got a participation trophy every weekend,when she seen first place trophy in Jr1,she said I want that one! I explained to her how much work we had to do and she said she is ready. We love dirt racing she has been going to Eldora speedway since she was three years old,we are in this for the long haul. Can't thank all you guys enough!

We'd be glad to help you (with engine, tires, set-up etc. for Lil E) if you would like to give us a call at the shop. (might even know a thing or two about sprint cars) ;)
I have some fresh used animal engines here that would work well for you, as well as tires if you still need.
A stock Briggs animal is not what you need, Jr1 is a blueprinted class on alcohol (big difference.) I can get you into a good fresh WKA legal blueprinted animal engine for not much more than the bone stock Briggs animal engine.
Give us a call if there is anything we can help you with.

-----
Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
27 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Back