Stock piston

Hello, I am building a fh for a minibike project. I have a stock arc rod, stock valves, 107ss cam, arc flywheel, and raptor block with std bore. Can I use the stock piston (298904) or should I find a raptor piston to put in it? It wont see high rpm constantly like a race motor but I would like it to last when it does see rpm. Thanks!

You will be fine with that piston -- it is the correct compression height for your build, and will work in any cylinder material.
The ring package on the R3 & R4 pistons is narrower, lighter, better ring land fit, etc. (=better) however, especially at higher rpm where ring flutter and sealing becomes a concern.
If you have an aluminum bore engine, you may be limited to running OEM or R1/R2 pistons with the full circle skirts. The short skirts on the newer pistons tear up the cylinder pretty quickly (even with coatings.) Chromed pistons are all but non-existent at this point, so that's not really an option either.
If there's anything that we can help with, feel free to reach out to us by calling the shop during business hours, drop me a note on here, or message us through our facebook page.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
31 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Back