Stock rod rpm

If I'm not mistaken I think I have read 6800 max. I wouldn't turn it more than that for sure! They will come apart. But it is recommended to change them with the removal of the gov.

On play karts that get alot of hours on them, we keep them at 6200 or less and get a couple years out of them.

Ran 16 races, turned 6400 on bull rings no problems but there was a lot of wear on the rod journals that did concern me. Changed rod every rebuild. For what it's worth

Ran 16 races, turned 6400 on bull rings no problems but there was a lot of wear on the rod journals that did concern me. Changed rod every rebuild. For what it's worth
16 races on 1 crank and that rod journal showed some wear.
How many rebuilds in that 16 race span?
I think 4 per rebuild but it could be each event for 16 rebuilds.

Our AKRA Clone and MARS Predator engines average 14-16 races at 65-6700 RPMs between scheduled rebuilds and in most engines the cranks can be reused. The OEM rod usually will be .001-.0015 out of round and will always be replaced. Proper clearances, oil and not running super high timing is the key to making the bottom end live. If you are over 36 degrees it will cause a lot more stress on the rod causing uneven wear and eventually rod failure. These are with our engines, your results may vary.

Back