Stock Sudam - Carb & pipe combo ?s

SmithInVegas

just picked up a new sudam. I was planning to run it in its stock form for a little while. Was wondering who has done this and which combo works best? I have a gas 360 carb and a superstock (100cc Reedjet) S4 pipe with a Burky clutch. I know my Burky will be fine, however, im not too sure about carb and pipe..
Any ideas??

thx

I have been very pleased with my mine using a Buller KB02 pipe and either a 34mm Mikuni or (even better) a set of Buller duals, on alky.

From my 14 years experience with mine, I suggest you start on alky and the buller dual carburetors and the KB02 pipe (unless Buller suggests that he has something better now).

This comb should put you on 42hp and be absolutely reliable week in and week out.

Im a light guy. 155 lbs. so i figure a stock sudam will be fine until i have the money to stroke it. @ HARDROCK>>> I will deff give Buller a call and see what he has to say. You got my point as far as leaving it stock.(motor will last longer) being that i dont have a money tree in my back yard....yet. I also have a K35 150cc so thats my UAS open. for now:) I race in CALI UAS and AZ UAS so the small motor works great on the 1/8 mile tracks.

I have been very pleased with my mine using a Buller KB02 pipe and either a 34mm Mikuni or (even better) a set of Buller duals, on alky.

From my 14 years experience with mine, I suggest you start on alky and the buller dual carburetors and the KB02 pipe (unless Buller suggests that he has something better now).

This comb should put you on 42hp and be absolutely reliable week in and week out.

Either will work fine on the stock manifold. With the buller duals, it will need shorter button head screws that hold the reeds in place. Also the buller duals come with studs of the correct length and diameter to bolt up the duals to the stock reed cage and dual manifold.

99 % exact ditto ditto except bored alky carbe mit 20 - 24 hole atomized billet cup insert !

i have been very pleased with my mine using a buller kb02 pipe and either a 34mm mikuni or (even better) a set of buller duals, on alky.

From my 14 years experience with mine, i suggest you start on alky and the buller dual carburetors and the kb02 pipe (unless buller suggests that he has something better now).

Agreed with yeti and animal! I have also pulled right out of the box, timed it @ 90* BTDC, Buller dual 360's and a kb02 pipe with axel clutch. Won every heat and feature with it that year except 2-3 due to other .50 failures. This is a very reliable set up with room to grow in hp and experience. Happy motorin'

Hey, SmithInVegas
Gresh Sr. here, from Phoenix seen you at the " Classic" we will be running in Tucson july 12 come on down & break that motor in
be great to see ya

Compression is a bit high on the OEM Parilla SUDAM so scale it back some. Run the Meth on my or Shadow's setup & crank up the timing @ 100+* BTDC and U can exceed 42hp .

Agreed with yeti and canimal! I have also pulled right out of the box, timed it @ 90* BTDC, Buller dual 360's and a kb02 pipe with axel clutch. Won every heat and feature with it that year except 2-3 due to other .50 failures. This is a very reliable set up with room to grow in hp and experience. Happy motorin'

To the MQQN Alice with stroking it. IMHO - Port it first !! Stroke it later. $500 for a 57mm crank vs OEM 54mm = approx 1.7 cc's/mm (SUDAM) = 3.8hp. A $500 QUALITY port job should net u approx 10hp. More Cluck for the Buck. It boils down to dollars per hp. - JMHO

Im a light guy. 155 lbs. so i figure a stock sudam will be fine until i have the money to stroke it. @ HARDROCK>>>

Last edited:
Compression is a bit high on the OEM Parilla SUDAM so scale it back some. Run the Meth on my or Shadow's setup & crank up the timing @ 100+* BTDC and U can exceed 42hp .

from my experience if you run 100* btdc on timing run at least 9 1/2 flex length and keep your eye on temps. or you will be buying a lot of pistons, I would run it at 95* for methanol and be safe :) but that's just my opinion.

Hey Sr. Idk if ill make it down to tucson that soon. I would love to. I think ill be making the last night race at AKA of August. As of right now ill have the 100cc reedjet of the K35 ...

Hey, SmithInVegas
Gresh Sr. here, from Phoenix seen you at the " Classic" we will be running in Tucson july 12 come on down & break that motor in
be great to see ya

dual 360c's work best on a stock sudam, dual 360a's, buller duals, will work also, try kb06, cre6/9, or bullers new pipe, .100 timing, squeeze head volume a bit.. can't really go wrong with these settings.. mash the gas... this is a good combo, for aka, tucson..

Back