Stock Sudam - Carb & pipe combo ?s

Yeti, why would you port the engine when he is planning on stroking it? The port timing will be all wrong after stroking it and then will require re-sleeving.

If im lucky Ill will run this Stock set up for a while. And use the K35 later on down the road. If i never see that K35 deal I will Send the sudam off to Burky for a 131. UNTIL then ill run her stock for a while! I know in UAS this will not be enough.. but i dont have 10 grand to dump. So ill go for the best bang for my buck. Thank you guys

I run my superstock at 94btdc.. so i was planning on doing the same with the sudam expect on alky. Should i expect pretty much the same from the sudam as I do when i run the 100cc reedjet?

I have been very pleased with my mine using a Buller KB02 pipe and either a 34mm Mikuni or (even better) a set of Buller duals, on alky.

From my 14 years experience with mine, I suggest you start on alky and the buller dual carburetors and the KB02 pipe (unless Buller suggests that he has something better now).

This comb should put you on 42hp and be absolutely reliable week in and week out.

I'm with Hardrock on this...the kb01 or 2 works great with dual carbs on Alky.(A little less explosive out of the gate) other wise 34mm Alky single with kbo6 pipe. Have a blast!

85-90 btdc -9 3/8 to 9 1/2 depending on track size and you have plenty of time for finer adjustments. You can get the most out of alot of these diff. Variations and they have been tried, tested, true and kid approved! :)

this year ill use the sudam on my faster bigger 1/4 tracks. and run the 100 reedjet in so cali on the smaller tracks (1/8) and the flat tracks they have..

If you add stroke Don't you also have to raise the cylinder up, keeping the port relationship the same.
Of course if you use a shorter rod or piston that would be different. things would change

I have wwatched Gil (HardRock) win at a big track on a stock 125 Sudam and ge is not a light guy at all, believe me. To my knoeledge131s are supposed to be reliable too (I hope since I just got one). Run it stock and have fun and just build it or buy another one when you feel you want to spend the money or need more power. JMO

Rainman...you are truely correct! It is a play it safe game while learning its possibilities in set up. Feed it fuel and good maint. Will net you a great season with money saved. I like the moderate Btdc #'s until I see a need to put one more on the edge.

Back