storage After race and winter.

jsf74

Im new to karting with my son and wondering about week to week alcohol carb storage and what should be done at the end of the season.

Sorry I was wondering about the carb itself. I race ump dirt modifieds on e85 weekly but im new to this kart stuff.

On the methonal engines we just alway flush with a oil / gas mix (2 oz marvel mystry oil and 1/2g gas). When it starts to smoke and run like crap we let it run the bowl dry. Then we pull off the bowl clean any of the mix left over out and store the engine free of any fluids in a dry temprature controlled place. (This is a sprare bedroom in the house for us.)

Just after the races are over, Pull the fuel line off your tank, Flush with gas till it's smoking or dies. When you get home drain the bowl.

Over the winter you can spray fogging oil in the carb. Try to keep it in a relatively temperature controlled evironment. More so for the health of the engine internals than the carb, but never hurts it either.

Just a note we never put this mixture in our fuel tank. The gas will leave a residue behind that can cause the methanol to fail the test if tested. We alway run a hose from a satlite jug to the fuel pump.

We always run WD40 in our motors after a race night. Never had an issue. I let bowl stay filled till we run it again. I wouldn't run gas through it because of the ethanol in the fuel from gas station.

Back