Storage

Marcis71

When you’re putting tires away for the winter how do you prep for storage?
Sand like you’re prepping to race/WD40/wrap?
Just WD40/wrap?
Do you use paper towels to hold WD40 then wrap?
Do you use something other than WD40?

Thanks in advance.

Im guessing you are talking Burris. Definitely re finish those first, you dont want the glaze on them all winter. Secondly, depending on what prep was used would make my decision on what, if anything, id use before wrapping, ten putting in a garbage bag.

Refinish them, then wipe them with an oil based conditioner (Pink Panther, Medium Rare, HL2, TT tire tuff, etc.) We offer a "Thick Formula" version of our Pink Panther that works very well for winter storage if you are interested.
WD40 will repel water just fine, other than swelling the rubber so it "feels" grippy I don't think it does much for the rubber - that said, lots of guys still use it.
Wrap the tires with Saran Wrap, then place them in a black trash bag - squeeze as much air out as you can, then store them in a temperature controlled environment (one without freezing temps.)

In the spring, air them up, size them, then refinish and re-prep them for your first race. If you have a practice day, go ahead and run them before refinishing and prepping them.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
www.youtube.com
34 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

When you’re putting tires away for the winter how do you prep for storage?
Sand like you’re prepping to race/WD40/wrap?
Just WD40/wrap?
Do you use paper towels to hold WD40 then wrap?
Do you use something other than WD40?

Thanks in advance.

I would keep them in a climate controlled environment and wipe them with Tire Tuff Mint before you put them away and then a coat when you pull them back out of storage. Mint has zero solvents unlike WD-40 so the product will stay with the tire over the winter.

Back