strapping kart to stand

thornhill16

What's the best way to transport a kart on the stand I've been brainstorming on how to strap them down without letting them bounce on the trailer bed I hear it knocks them outta toe ,

4 corners of nerfs is one way. I use just 2 on mine but the go from one side to other. Hard to explain but easy.

I straps karts to the stands with rubber covered "twist ties". I get them in the hardware area of Home Depot but I k ow they're available elsewhere. I have a 2+ hour drive each way. Never had one fall. I then strap the stand to D rings or E Channel.

One of our karting friends used this method...........

Welders Vice Grips to clamp kart to stand.............

Two ratchet tension straps fastened to upper stand frame bars and trailer floor brackets to hold stand in place..........

I bungee corded my kart to my stand. Not real tight. It's easy when your stand kind of grabs the kart anyway. Then I secured my stand to the trailer floor using tie-downs (ratcheting in the rear and just a pull-through style in the front. Never an issue in transportation. I always wanted to be gentle on the kart because I didn't want to stress the frame but I really clamped the stand down to the trailer floor.

I bungee corded my kart to my stand. Not real tight. It's easy when your stand kind of grabs the kart anyway. Then I secured my stand to the trailer floor using tie-downs (ratcheting in the rear and just a pull-through style in the front. Never an issue in transportation. I always wanted to be gentle on the kart because I didn't want to stress the frame but I really clamped the stand down to the trailer floor.

x2...

I use Velcro strap I bought at Lowes that comes in a roll about 2" wide and I believe 20' long. What I do is I permanently attach the one end of a 12" piece of Velcro to the kart stand with a self tapping screw and fender washer so its always with the stand then just wrap around the frame and your good to go... I've never had a kart come loose and I been doing it this way for years.

I also strap the stand down separately to the trailer floor D-rings with ratchet straps but never to the kart itself

We quit strapping to the stand long ago. Just sit the kart flat on the floor. Fold the stand up and strap it to the tire rack. We have a table that will straddle the kart on the floor and sit another kart on top and strap it on four corners. Stand 2 more karts up against the tire rack and strap them off. Took 5 to Daytona last year!

Thanks guys I tried the zip tie route today since I can get bags of the industrial size ones for free from work , works pretty well

I've got a pull style kart. I put I bolts on the 4 corners and use a pull straps. 1 across the front and 1 on the rear. I'm by myself a lot so it's hard for me to load up without it being on the stand. Drive over 2hrs 1 way on mostly 2 lane country roads and never had any problems. And if you've ever driven in SC you know how great or roads are lol ( NOT )

I just had a streeter stand fold in half a couple weeks ago transporting with the kart on it. Did fine for a year. Last race we traveled farther then normal and opened the door to a mess.

I have been setting ours on a thick rubber horse mat (Tractor Supply) for two years and it never moves. I used to strap it down. Our stand had, at the wheels, holes where one end of the strap would hook to, I would wrap the strap around the kart and stand then connect the other end to the tie down and tighten. I just didn't like the kart being up a few feet and theoretically being stressed.

Back