strike 2, mistake

foreverfaster

Site Supporter
Ok, i've made 2 purchase and have not gotten what i want both times.. poor learning curve on my part i guess.. both purchase were from notable places.
1st one was a seat.. gave the guy my size (pants, length and girth weight and height.. seats about 1 inch too small...
motor mount: asked for a 15 deg, think he gave me a 7deg.. any way... enough of the being unhappy with my lack of knowledge..

so the motor mount came with out instructions. Black rino ? american spacing motor mount.. fits the frame, but im not sure what bolts to use where?? any help would be greatly appreciated..
do i mount it to the frame 1st or the motor.. or both then to each other??
LOST

Ok, i've made 2 purchase and have not gotten what i want both times.. poor learning curve on my part i guess.. both purchase were from notable places.
1st one was a seat.. gave the guy my size (pants, length and girth weight and height.. seats about 1 inch too small...
motor mount: asked for a 15 deg, think he gave me a 7deg.. any way... enough of the being unhappy with my lack of knowledge..

so the motor mount came with out instructions. Black rino ? american spacing motor mount.. fits the frame, but im not sure what bolts to use where?? any help would be greatly appreciated..
LOST

"1 inch too small" where? Seat length? Seat width..at the shoulders?...at the ribs?......at the hips?........at the thighs?

LOST

Motor mounts dont come with instructions. The bolts will only go where they are suppose to go, theres no getting them mixed up. You can put on kart first, on motor first, whatever you would like to do is fine.

Darth, in the hips... so i have a 2x4 shoved in it now with a pad on each end trying to spread the seat some.. not quite use to the way the back is but all the seats seem to have the same curve to them. I did figure out the motor mount. got it on the motor now..

I have found that most mart shops are really helpful if you give them a call. Especially if you're a customer. Have dealt with Phantom (spoke directly with Harold himself and had him stop in our pit for help at Possom one time) and we're nobody's in the karting world. Had similar experience with Ultramax when Kevin was still there. So if it was me I'd get in touch with the seller or a local shop or racer.

Working with seats to make fit perfect isn't anything new.. Many tricks to get it just right..
It seems theres a few items that's REALLY TOUGH to buy without being there and the seat is one of them unless you are rebuying the same exact seat as you had before.. And then they can vary a little themselves.. Other items is shoes,, helmets and a wife... You really need to see it,,touch it and try it on before buying... :)

On the seat streaching,, once you have the 2x4 in there take a PROPANE TORCH and LIGHTLY heat the spine of the seat.. Every seat has one and its in the same place it is on your back.. You can do miracles with the heat on seats.. But it didn't work with the wife...OUCH

Agree with Jerry Dover, I did that a 2x4 and a propane torch on my seat, leave the 2x4 pour water on after heating and stretching it.....even the body it was hanging fix it with a propane torch and 2x4......As for the wife she loves the heat but you have to keep the fire burning with the same torch or you will be in trouble...:confused:..........:rolleyes:...........

seats are a pain in the butt...best thing before ordering a seat is to sit on the floor, leaned back a bit and put a book on each side of your hips. then measure the distance between the books. then call the shop your buying from and let them know this measurement. This helps in determining a x-small from a x-large. pants and waist size are good to know, but when getting a seat, you need to measure your butt from a sitting position like you would be in the kart. this is why I said lean back a little. standing up, your butt is narrower than sitting down......

just sayin....

Back