Stroker

Jncyall

Guys,
All things being equal on a engine build, what type of hp gain is to be had with a stroker crank versus stock stroke? This is on a open clone with all the good stuff.

hp and bigger bore (more cc's) gain is verry significant after strokeing a engine . but all strokers are ticing time bombs

Depending on the amount of increase in the stroke, generally the displacement increases, the compression will have a minor change for the better, the rod angle improves for better leverage improving torque. The difference found with the max stroke cranks is very minimal, but everything counts, when you are trying for maximum. There should not any reason why this modification would be less reliable than max bore.

Thx guys for your input.
All else being equal, more CC’s means more power. In general.
Bigger pistons are generally heavier. This is bad.
Longer strokes decrease the rod length to stroke ratio, which is generally bad. That ratio, in most four strokes, is already too small, compared to what is generally thought to be ideal, so stroking the engine is only go to make it worse.
Mother Nature never gives it all.
Comments, compliments, criticisms and questions always welcome.
If the data does not support the theory, get a new theory.

Our CNC Billet stroker shaft adds .175 of extra stroke and uses 3.625 rod with a .490 compression height Wiseco piston. The stock length rod is 3.303. We add more stroke and more rod ratio. Plus the Billet shaft, rod and piston are balanced to any of our Billet flywheels made for that engine. Now please explain to me how this is worse...?

“What we have here is a failure to communicate” (cool hand Luke)
Your longer rod and special piston are another thing altogether.
But you’re right and it sounds like a good idea.
I would be interested in knowing how you balance the crank, the rod and the piston to the flywheel. I always love to hear about new things and new ways of getting things done.
Comments, compliments, criticisms and questions always welcome.
If the data does not support the theory, get a new theory.

Back