Summit Point (New Guy)

habeas81

Hello,
New guy here, I've been trolling a little and thinking very hard about getting into Kart racing in a more serious way. I'm most interested in the Sprint-Enduro Road Racing classes. I've got pretty decent racing experience doing SCCA Solo II and I used to race a LOT of unsanctioned competitive events at All Sports Grand Prix in Northern VA. I recently spent a few hours at Summit Point Kart on their sprint track and did well, which has my interest piqued again.

Are any of you sprint-enduro veterans going to be at Summit Point in October? I've been eyeballing getting an Animal Sprint-Enduro setup, but I'm new to this level of karting and I feel a little overwhelmed. Would love to know if someone would have a spare kart they'd be willing to let me rent/borrow for the Saturday race so I can try it out, which will help me decide to commit to buying a kart and equipment.

Even better, if someone was looking to sell a decent sprint-enduro animal setup I'd love to take a look at it!

I"d love to hear from you if you were willing to meet up with a new guy and maybe even let me rent a kart from you for the weekend.

Thanks!

I will have at least one of Paul's chassis for sale after summit

If everyone wasn't in a points battle at the last race , you could find one to lease

Peewee. MGM Fab

MGM has the best rides out there.

You can talk to anyone of us and we will lead you to the dark side, we have beer. First you'll have to be willing to forget most everything you learned in a car though.

At the end of the day we have a fun finally if time allows, this is a fifteen minute session for people interested in racing. I can't promise but we may be able to set you up, the seats are fitted to the driver so it's not a one size fits all. If you have a Suit, shoes and helmet bring them.

Ever play tag at 70MPH?:cool:

Just to reassert what was already said. Top spots in animal classes are dominated by MGM Chassis. Very quality pieces. Mr. Rice will set you right.

Back