synthetic vs natural rubber tires

How much different do they need to be treated? Do synthetics hold alot less oils than a natural? I work with mods and late models and i feel like some of the tires especially like a wrs2 and the IMCA g-60's are a tire that i dont feel like have much oil. Is the point of treating internally to get some extra oil in the tire then use something a bit more harsh on the outside to bring it to the surface? Our tracks dont seem intested in teching these things and we know other groups are doing it.

How much different do they need to be treated? Do synthetics hold alot less oils than a natural? I work with mods and late models and i feel like some of the tires especially like a wrs2 and the IMCA g-60's are a tire that i dont feel like have much oil. Is the point of treating internally to get some extra oil in the tire then use something a bit more harsh on the outside to bring it to the surface? Our tracks dont seem intested in teching these things and we know other groups are doing it.

Just something to think about.
One the tire is vulcanized it is all synthetic.
Since you don't know the ratio of natural to synthetic latex in the compounding you will have a hard time using this as factor in your decisions.

Randy

I've had guys on the 60s using our Pink Panther with success. Prepping internally and externally. Also helps to grind them to break them open. If you can only prep externally (no roller), then be sure to needle the prep down into the tire...otherwise it seems to just lay on the top of the 60s. You've got to drive it down in if you want it to stay with the tire for more than a few laps.

If you want to try Krug Green, contact Jordan -- it should work well also.

Contact me if you have any questions about our preps or how to work big car tires in general -- I'd be glad to help.

--
Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cuts
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Celebrating 25 years of service to the karting industry
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

We got a roller has no heat tho, we grind every time we get of track as well as sipe them but there just so hard and full of plastic I just can't seem to get anything to work, I've used conditionsers but not the results I was looking for I think u need to lower the duro 10 20 points maybe I'm off too just tried everything els also seems real hard to pull threw the tire when u run internally

I have TT, BTGP, SST, and SST5 as well as some of the "harsh" home depot style chem's.

I was thinking i might try to roll TT mixed 50-50 with some acrysol, maybe a heat lamp on the outside while rolling. Anyone care to comment? I would like to try to use up some of the stuff that i already have.

There is one thing thats gonna soften them up and thats Zylol from lowes. Its Xylene and toluene pretty harsh but it will drop the duro a lot. Needle and Coat the tires wrap in foil or trash bag to get it deeper into tire, it evaporates quickly.

Back