Tach Question Drops

Ok thanks so you thin it was?

What I explained in other thread, Your driver is cracking the throttle a lot more than before, Because for what ever reason your kart had lot more speed, for that to happen and still have good lap times that's what makes the most sense to me .

If your lap times were good , maybe the pickup lead for the tach wasn't installed correct ? Not enough wraps around the plug wire ? Ran along side the temp lead ? .... I had bad readings a few weeks ago on my clone , I won the race but drops were stupid high, I believe my problem was the wire wasn't tight enough around the plug wire .

My best 3 laps that race were

10.47 with a 3302 drop Max RPM 6570
10.48 with a 689 drop Max RPM 6535
10.51 with a 1252 drop Max RPM 6508

I know they couldn't be correct so I don't worry about them

If your lap times were good , maybe the pickup lead for the tach wasn't installed correct ? Not enough wraps around the plug wire ? Ran along side the temp lead ? .... I had bad readings a few weeks ago on my clone , I won the race but drops were stupid high, I believe my problem was the wire wasn't tight enough around the plug wire .

Good catch Jeff, very good point !!

ok i know my temp wire is zip tied against the other wire going to the spark plug, its wrapped about a good 3 times around. Should i have these wires separated and not together?

Always had trouble with rpm readings being correct, tried more raps and it helped. Had trouble at a big race and tried it hooked to the kill switch, problem solved.

Back