Tech Tools

Kyle48

Does anybody know of a source for WKA flathead tech tools? I already called Sox and they said they stopped being produced some time ago. I’m just looking for a carb bore no-go gauge. I have a few laying around the shop I’d like to verify legality and carry as spares. I’d even like to do a DIY flow bench for basic comparison in the near future when I find the time.

If anybody has a used no-go gauge they would be willing to part with, please let me know!

Thanks for looking!

Thanks Ken! I’ll give them a call tomorrow and see what they have. If I can’t find one, I’ll find a local shop around me. I was kind of hoping to do this myself as a learning experience if possible.

If you're just wanting one for your personal use, not to do tech at the track, then make your own tech gauge(s).
A blade style gauge can be as simple as a piece of sheet metal trimmed to spec and bolted or screwed to a handle.

I ordered in a few pin gauges (.694, .695, and ,696") many years ago so that I could check the bore sizes, the depth of the throttle shaft, etc. on carbs that we build. This wouldn't be the way to tech the bore, but might be helpful for what you are doing.
You might also check the normal sources for buying surplus/used tools such as a small dial bore gauge. Then you can check any bore in that range.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
31 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Back