Tech update on mufflers

DynoDon

The 2014 rule book has identified on page 23 that as of January 1st 2016, all Series B-91mufflers must be "strapped" or "safety wired" to the pipe. You will begins seeing the 4104 muffler designed by RLV that currently has the brace welded to the muffler. The brace is legal as per the 2014 rules. It is my understanding that all 4104 mufflers from here on will have this bracing. There will be a kit available for purchase for the older mufflers without the bracing welded to them. The bracing is a wire mesh type brace. As I learn more I will pass it on.

Will the extra strap on the pipes like Dover's be ok. I usually tig weld a little tab on pipe and muffler and wire them together allready. Been nearly thrown out tech for it though. The no modifications issue. I say no brain issue but all well.

The Best thing too do is 'Scrap' the whole thing and allow a big pipe w/ a .575 Restrictor plate! Then at least they would 'sound' as good as a 'L206'. :)

First of all we are talking about all B-91 mufflers. Second , as long as you weld it in a fashion that it is not a safety issue ( no sharp edges ) it is legal for this year. It will be mandatory that they are all done by 2016. I would appreciate it if we kept this on topic and professional. No need to voice opinions on what should be just because you do not like it. Way to much of that going on in to many topics now a days. We all know what is liked and what is not so no reason to keep harping on it.

Back