Tech: What is reasonable?

now that may be a good idea but tech is to prove someone legal and if you completely year a guy down to prove him illegal then the next guys motor should go through the same process to be fair. I like the idea of switching it weekly but if I'm going to come home with my motor in a crate for 25 bucks and a sticker I'd rather just go home than stay at the track til 130 in tech. Idea of the story is keep the amount of tech proportional to the payout.

I agree. But it is also to keep the competition fair. Although a draw sounds good, it limits the tech guy, not a good idea. What I am speaking of is a pretty rare occurrence. But when it does happen he needs the ability to check it. 9 times out of 10 when I am pretty sure someone IS illegal they are or refuse tech and I don't have to do a complete tear down to find it. Most times it is the head, carb, cam, stroker crank, fuel or oil all which do not require a complete tear down. If I go to that extent on a weekly class event and do not find something (which is rare) I will put it back together. If it is illegal that's your problem. The only exception would be a major event where you should expect it anyway and there is far to much tech to do to be putting them back together.

Back