techumseh performance parts?

70stage1

sold my friend a snow king 5 horse techumseh, the small valve one
hes looking to "outperform" his neighbor with it

ive tried telling him to stick with a briggs but, he wants to know if parts are out there
he would like ALOT more torque, he has already ported, and installed raptor valves, has not gone any farther

do they make cams? rods? and pistons for them by chance? or is it easier to go with a briggs?

thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
There is some obsolete motorsports things still available, either thru buyouts or some ebay sellers.

Most know it is obsolete, so price accordingly.

If he knows the particular grind he wants, he can send his core to a cam grinder to have it put on there.

Dyno cams did have a few parts for the motorsports tecumseh in their listing.

The snow king stuff is desirable because of the 110 volt electric start for the cold weather.

Most places that did minibikes had a Tecumseh section for their catalogs. So those might still be a possibility.

Tecumseh has been out of business for many years now.

(Most know it is obsolete, so price accordingly.)
Which in essence, means just because its old .
Doesn't mean it's going to be cheap.

Just FYI.

The deck heights of briggs and tecumseh are nearly the same.

The tecumseh is available in a number of bores, all in full cast iron blocks.
While heavier, they are extremely durable.

I grafted a 3 inch stroke briggs crank into a 2.750 bore block, with a reworked blockzilla head to make a pretty potent combo.
I used a 126 dyno grind and turned 7500-8300 rpm.
I was able to conceal this was a Tecumseh because the blockzilla head had tabs for mounting a briggs blower housing. The lower tabs were simple because of the separate lower mounts on the tecumseh. Lightweight briggs finless flywheel and briggs ignition coil.

Worked well until I broke valve springs.
Didn't do my due diligence, and coil bound my new springs to kill my crank drive gear.
Moved to ohv, because that's where my competition was headed.

Still have a couple cast iron blocks, cause I thought I needed spares.

Last edited:
Back