Tecumseh ?

Buckshot 1

:) Does anyone have any information on a Dyno 245 cam, for a H50 tecky, Springs rates and etc. I tried the Dyno site, but there was nothing on it. Thank you for you time.

Theses cams 245 and 255 cams were designed for the f-200 class racing for karts. They are a modified h-50 motor .You usually ran dual valve spring kits with theses cams. I have all kinds of 5.5 parts for h-50 including a complete motor .Also have big valves and several clyinder heads and billet rod .Recommend the billet rod for these higher lift cams.

Thank you for your reply. I have a Buddy that wants to build a H50 Tecky. He came up with a 356 dyno cam. I was told that a lot of block work and beefed up internals are require to use this cam. Was suggested to use the 245 cam. Billet rod is a definate. On the dual valve springs, do you have any ideas what the lb rate is? any other suggestion will be appreciated. Thank you for your time.

The small block Tec is patently unfit for racing.
The OHV 8-12 hp engines make wonderful race engines.

Purchase the springs the cam maker recommends and sells with the cam you are using.
They are far more knowledgeable about the spring requirements than anyone else.

Take note, The H50 is a Flathead engine. The OHV engine was the OHH55 or OHH60. The OHH engines were brittle to say the least. I exploded bunches of them. Now that the clones are cheap and everywhere I would not spend any $$$ on the small Tecumseh. The big flatheads and OHV can still make nice kart power plants if you want to go that way. Parts are getting a little scarce but are still around if you know who to ask. Good Luck

I have a large stock of overhead valve Tecumseh engine parts/Pistons valve springs stainless steel valves new blocks etc.,, these are actual racing parts for the overhead valves short-lived racing program , I bought out 01 Racing a few years ago and I'm just trying to find someone interested in buying we out

i raced open flathead tecumsehs for 8 years a far better engine than a briggs !! my teamate won the track championship with a tecumseh 5 years in a row ! he was a better driver than me / but i got 2 nd and 2 3rds in the track championship wayne hill is one of THE BEST tecumseh flathead engine men he built all of our engines and ground all our cams lots of trix ! you can take a 6hp crankshaft H-60 and regrind it to a offset 1inch jornold (then you use briggs rods) you end up with a 300 thosands stroker crankshaft if wayne had our crank man do five at a time they cost us $15 each ! std bore is allready ,080 useing briggs type pistons tecumseh blocks weld very good ! i have welded in my own ports ( aluminum tubeing) wayne hill hartselle alabama you need to talk to him if you are into H-50 type flatheads the 4 hp - 8hp blocks look the same on the outside ! but the six hp crankshaft is the one that will make a 300 thosands stroker by cutting it offset down to 1 inch THEN you use the briggs type hi performance rods and pistons as for big valves the tec blocks have a peace of steal cast into deck so you can cut anysize seat you want to ! you can run very HOT CHT with no damage on a tecumseh as where a briggs ex valve will quit sealing if you hit 475 degrees or less !

The Tecumseh Star, and the 8-12 hp OHV engines are strong and dependable.
The F50 was basically junk and was discontinued in short order.

Not trying to bring an old tread back, but was wondering if anyone has anything available for the H50.
Doing a 14.5 CI build, have a CNC to make whatever I want, but figure if check around here first.

Back