There has to be an easier way... breaking beads on tires

hyperninja17

I have a bead breaking tool but it takes forever to break the bead on these ! I have to work my way all the way around the tire, fighting for every millimeter. It takes a lot of time and effort. Every video I watch, the people have the same tool, press down, and presto! The bead is broken! Every time I try that, the tool slips of the inside of the tire. Maybe its just the type of tire I use (Burris) and the large rims creating a steep side wall. Is there a trick I am missing out on?

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a pretty good chance that those tires in the video have not been mounted very long so they come off pretty easily. A 6" PVC pipe coupler in a press or used with a hydraulic jack works very well on the tough ones. John

I've probably used 90% of the ones on the market (can't get myself to come off the money to purchase a Semel) and I can tell you that there are a few that are "ok", while there are many that are total junk.
Get a hydraulic bead breaker like the one mentioned above and never regret it.
We've got them in stock at a great price if you need.
Just give us a call at the shop.

-----
Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
26 years of service to the karting industry
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Get a Rebel Fab ultimate bead breaker, you can thank me later. ;)

530461_136566359830705_582466720_n.jpg

Many out here like the one pictured above.. Double bead breaker..
Bam less than 1 minute job one is done..
Then to dismount the tire without messing up tire bead and rim.. Presto the Tire Jimmy does it effordlessly.. My wife demoed them at all our shows this past winter and we sold close to 150 of them @ $20 bucks apiece.. Virtually last a lifetime and zero damage out put for product and your body... :)

I have stagger dogs bead breaker/tire changer and it's great. Turbo tire is good but for the price no one beats the stagger dog.

I work in a car tire shop. Sidewalls are too small to use a car tire bead breaker. They gave me a set of "spoons" and told me good luck lol. I was kinda hoping this thread was along those lines. Time to get my fat kid jump on.

Spend the money on a Rebel Fab. If you only dismount one set a year it more than pays for it's self in the time it takes with nearly anything else. They are awesome!

I made a 2 by 12 wooden frame to slide a floor jack in. I put a piece of wood on the jack and jack the tire up into another piece of wood I cut a hole in a little more then the diameter of the rim. Works great. I read about the pvc, and think it can be used instead of the wood I cut a hole in, but I have not tried it.

Many out here like the one pictured above.. Double bead breaker..
Bam less than 1 minute job one is done..
Then to dismount the tire without messing up tire bead and rim.. Presto the Tire Jimmy does it effordlessly.. My wife demoed them at all our shows this past winter and we sold close to 150 of them @ $20 bucks apiece.. Virtually last a lifetime and zero damage out put for product and your body... :)

Heading to the Dover Power web site now...

Back