Tillotson 225 rs endurance durability

Dav

is the stock rod, piston and flywheel poor quality for a 12 to 1 compression 8000 rpm hot rod? Change the cam, pipe, carb, coil, ported head or a gauge warhead 29 mm intake Valve. Thinking more cubic ins. would b quicker lap times at my stop and go sprint track than my hot rod world formula. What do you all think?

8000 RPMs you ABSOLUTELY want to go with a billet flywheel, now the rod, that’s totally up to your financial ability… It won’t stand 8000 very long but the piston will handle it. The cost for these upgrades are minute for longevity and safety
If this is the tillitson rotating kit you may already have the rod and piston, but the billet flywheel is a must

Last edited:
8000 RPMs you ABSOLUTELY want to go with a billet flywheel, now the rod, that’s totally up to your financial ability… It won’t stand 8000 very long but the piston will handle it. The cost for these upgrades are minute for longevity and safety
If this is the tillitson rotating kit you may already have the rod and piston, but the billet flywheel is a must
A flywheel and rod, hmm. just starting to look at the cost. I will call some of the supplier’s. Thanks!

Back