Tillotson 225RS Con-rods

knighty

I'm building a 23hp Tillotson 225RS motor, it will be revving to around 9000rpm, using the key bits from my 20hp GX200, I have ordered a 225RS block, crank, piston kit from Tilotson...........but I have heard the Tillotson CNC con-rods are a bit suspect?........I notice the oil flinger is not drilled, I'm guessing ARC have some sort of patent on that, so I'm planning to order the ARC 3.465 CNC con-rod, dedicated for the Tillotson 225RS engine, which has the drilled oil flinger.........are there any bad experiences out there with the standard 225RS Tillotson CNC con-rods?

The forced oil hole dipper isn't necessary. Lunati, EC, Clements, Briggs, and even ARC's Animal Mod/Enduro Rods have no forced oil holes in the dipper.

We have written a blog covering the Tillotson 225RS components, including the rod, to compare it to our 228cc engine version. https://www.eccarburetors.com/228r-vs-225r-tillotson-engines

We also have a 236cc engine version, and our rods and 58mm crankshafts have proven to handle 10,000+rpms. Here is a link to a dyno competition where the winner used our rod and crank in a Tillotson 72mm block to beat all billet animal engines.

Back