Tillotson carb help

OldStrattonMan

Ok I've searched on this so much my head is hurting but I would like to buy the intake adapter for the old style intake that EC carburetor sells and a tillotson carb. The intake has the pulse fitting that I'm assuming is for a fuel pump, can I plug that and the breather assembly and run a line from the tank or is it just better all around to run the fuel pump, also if I do end up running a fuel pump do I need to block off the breather assembly. This is for a 5hp raptor that I have put a 94ss cam, billet rod and flywheel, upgraded springs and a 3 stage header. Now with that in mind what tillotson should I purchase to fit my needs and this is not for racing just for some fun around the house with my son. I'm new here so take it easy on me and I have to say the wealth of knowledge I've gained on this forum is better than any other out there. Ohh and forgot to add this will be for pump gas no alky.

314, 339, something fairly conservative will work fine. You'll want to purchase an untouched, unmodified carb though so that it will work on gas. Most used ones will have been drilled for alcohol and there's no jets to change them back.

The fuel pump isn't necessary unless you are mounting the tank a long distance away. A double stack Tilly already has a built in fuel pump and an auxiliary (secondary) pump isn't necessary unless you are running consistently over 7200 rpm.

You can pulse the pump from the intake or the crankcase. The carb will have a pulse hole built in that needs to match your manifold. You could plug the pulse fitting in the intake manifold if you choose to not use it.

You CANNOT plug the breather fitting(s) in the valve cover -- that will cause a "mess." :)

-----
?Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
30 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Back