Tillotson / Honda 196cc questions

Hobby87

I got 3 Tillotson carbs and a Honda 196cc OHV engine (G200?) in a buyout, the Tilly's are all HL series (348E, 360B, 314G)

#1 Will any of these carbs work well as a mod clone/animal/FH carb? if so, which one would be the best to start with?

#2 would the G200 Honda and any of these carbs make a good combo for a mod/open motor?

-Thanks Matt

You know the G200 Honda is a flathead, not produced now for 20+ years.
The GX200 is the modern day OHV engine.
HOWEVER.....a fully "fixed" G200 is a rocket. Probably the best choice of all fheads for 14.5 ci racing.
Roadkill can do 'em right. Jerry Gould....if he still builds them, does them right.
Any of those carbs can be used.....depending upon the needs of the engine.
Post here if any are available. I personally might use the 348. .......Paul D.

hi. im Dustin with competition carburetors. probly can make any of them work if setup correctly for your engine. i can do the work, set them up and blueprint them to your engine. also have alot of carbs for sale. the 360 might be a lil big but the 314 or 348 can work very well if fuel circuit is fixed for an ohv engine

I have 2 gx200 and I have tried um all and the best all around performance was a 304 done well on gas but really woke her up when changed to alky hope that helps u out

I have 2 gx200 and I have tried um all and the best all around performance was a 304 done well on gas but really woke her up when changed to alky hope that helps u out

X2
definitly agree a setup blueprinted hl304wxa would be by far the best carb. BY FAR. i was just trying to help him with what he had. personally i charge 75-100 to go through, setup and blueprint a carb. i charge 200 for a new fully setup blueprinted hl304wxa. sometimes you gota way your options and just start with whats best for that engine. especially if your gona have to spend almost half trying to make something else work.

I have used all 3 on my gx200's but have found the 348 gives the better punch
even the 360 is good as long as you go big valve.with small its a little to much
but can work.talked to ec on this a while back but if you turn the hi off just tune
with the low it will work.not the best but does work

The 360 Matt mentioned is a B model , so it has the same venturi as the 348 the throttle bore is a little bigger at 1.060 instead of 1.00 inch, but like the 348 it was designed by EC for a flathead Limited, that's why the 304wx or wxa is a better choice because of having a leaner drill pattern for an OHV. Jon

The 360 Matt mentioned is a B model , so it has the same venturi as the 348 the throttle bore is a little bigger at 1.060 instead of 1.00 inch, but like the 348 it was designed by EC for a flathead Limited, that's why the 304wx or wxa is a better choice because of having a leaner drill pattern for an OHV. Jon
I don't know if Jon is in the carb business. If he is, and if I was sending our Tillies....Jon is who I would send them to.

thanks PD, I appreciate the endorsement, and yes I am in business. Anyone needing a carb built, alky conversions done or just serviced PM me for more details and contact imfo. Jon

thanks PD, I appreciate the endorsement, and yes I am in business. Anyone needing a carb built, alky conversions done or just serviced PM me for more details and contact imfo. Jon
Endorsement earned over many years of superior service from you personally.....while employed for decades at EC's place or self! ..........PD

Thanks guys, i think I will keep the GX200 around and build it. Personally, I know nothing about these carbs, so very helpful info!

OK, so I'll throw this out there, if the 304wx is the way to go, would anyone be interested in buying/swamping me what I have for this one? I primary run stock animal and a 250 2 stoke in rwyb, so not much need for the tilleys, but I'm thinking this gx200 would be a nice bullring mod motor...

If interested, shoot me a PM with your email and I'll send pics of the carbs I have.

-Thanks again, Matt

I guess I should also throw it out there, if I wanted to sell them on here, what's a decent asking price? are they all similar in price or is one coveted over another? Two are fairly complete with air filter adapter, etc.. one is just the complete carb body, all would need rebuilt (jmo).

-Matt

Back