Timing Question

Turbo19

What is the suggested timing for a stroked animal on gas?
One has a 356 cam one has a 002 cam cant seem to get either to fire

Thanks

What is the suggested timing for a stroked animal on gas?
One has a 356 cam one has a 002 cam cant seem to get either to fire

Thanks
If they are remotely close, they'll fire.
Are you sure you have the correct flywheel and coil? They need to be matched by design so they communicate.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
www.youtube.com
35 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

If they are remotely close, they'll fire.
Are you sure you have the correct flywheel and coil? They need to be matched by design so they communicate.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
www.youtube.com
35 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

I bought them in a buy out. they where alcohol engines, I have a buyer that wants them if they run on gas. Don't know much about animals, How different is the timing for gas from alcohol?

It's different . As Brian stated ,simple change too gasoline should not keep them from starting .
My guess would be 6* max difference .
Jetting would be a bigger change. Give them a shot of starting fluid . If setup for gas they are jetted extremely rich .
What carbs ? Pull start or electric start box .

Last edited:
I bought them in a buy out. they where alcohol engines, I have a buyer that wants them if they run on gas. Don't know much about animals, How different is the timing for gas from alcohol?
If they were not "pickled" the last time they were ran and have sat for a while, the carbs are likely all gummed up with corrosion.
Pull the carb bowl and take a look.

Carb might need a new diaphragm, when a carb sits for an extended time and maybe wasnt gassed/lubed down beforehand, the gaskets abd diaphrgam dry out so it wont pull any fuel into the carb, get a rebuild kit and replace everything, give it a good thorough cleaning and should at the least fire up…

Back