timing

Note that this can get a BSP dq'd, however....by relieving the threads off the coil mtg screws (.100diax.50) it will allow abt a 5* sweep in coil adjustment.

What is the best coil gap to use with a PVL flywheel and using a BSP3 cam, can anyone tell me that or have any experience that also uses this flywheel and cam? I have the timing at 33*

I run .070-.080 on most Box/Pro Box engine that we build. The magnets in our flywheels are strong enough to use that much gap, this is why we tell you NOT to use less than .030 coil gap with our flywheels. It can damage the coil. More gap, less magnet drag, more upper power. Yet another advantage...

When the new CL-2 and BSP-3 cams came out people and myself included found we had a dip in the torque curve around 6000 on the Dyno. Moving the coil up to .070-.080 helped solve the problem, along with jetting and timing changes.

Al that info comes from 25+ years of building flywheels, and we dont build nor post info off of guesstamations.

What jetting and timing changes are you referring to? I've been running a 39 jet on a cl1-i and I'm about to switch to the bsp-3. I have been looking for some advice on timing as I don't have a dyno.

Is there any correlation of say smaller gap for low end tq? I know you said more for top end but does less give you more low end? If you dont have a dyno what/how should one go about tinkering with this?

What jetting and timing changes are you referring to? I've been running a 39 jet on a cl1-i and I'm about to switch to the bsp-3. I have been looking for some advice on timing as I don't have a dyno.

You will want more timing with the BSP3, which may also require more jetting. 30-32* works best IMO for the BSP3, that is the cam i run in AKRA

Back