Tire Bellowing

These karts are run all over they are not much different than champ kart in theory these cages are bolted on ...the driver has seat belts and wears arm restraints
Ok, in late 2000's some people did something like this and called them roll over protection but there was no seat belts

Will be honest, I understand the concept behind it but not a fan of any type of roll over cage attachment on a kart with out seat restraints. Flat cart like motorcycles you actually want thrown away from the kart in case of roll over. If your seat hugs to tight to let you eject properly then it's an improper fitting seat.

If you have a cage like this there is a chance of an arm getting caught or God forbid your head and you are getting crushed by the kart.

Then we can look into the fact that no track insurance will cover you in an accident if they catch wind you are running this stuff and it could be a real loose loose
My buddy rolled over in one of these bolt on cage karts. His cam lock seat belt came unhooked. Luckily he is a big guy, he kept his head and put his arms up during the roll which kept him in his seat. He threw away the cam lock belts after that one.
I still see people using them but i wouldn't.

Back